Two Logs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Logs?

I am back chasing US Counties and work like to import an adi file to another awards program logger, however, I need to revise the signal report and some mode descriptors to comply with their format.

I can easily make the changes using the bulk editor, however, I do not want to change my primary log. So I need to be able to work on a second log file, or use a second copy of the program.

Second query, I recently worked the CQ WPX CW contest and apparently did not setup HRD to look up the operators address (including county) of my contacts (likely did not it setup correctly, still learning the program)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ken-W9KB

Hi Ken
    First, you need to create a second logbook database to edit your contacts.
    Second, run a Backup of your Primary logbook and then Restore that .xml file into your new, blank, database.
    Third, in that database edit what you want and export a .adif file to import into the other logging program.

I use N1MM for contest logging and use the forwarding system to put the QSOs into my logbook at the same time as the N1MM log.
    The info from QRZ.com is automatically filled in my HRD log as that happens.
    Therefore, your contest logger needs to have a qso forwarding option.
    HTH
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V for 80m-30m, 40m/80m trap dipole @ 40'.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

John, That was the approach I was considering... just wanted to check before I did something to destroy my log which I have spent hours cleaning & scrubbing.

Regarding my WPX contacts that do not have location data - Is there a way using bulk edit or so other macro to select a group of a few hundred or so and have HRD automatically lookup call information?

Thanks for suggestion.

Ken-W9KB

Comment

Another newbie question - I have two databases My Logbook and HRD - My Logbook-Access. They both have the same QSO count. This is likely normal just curious about the difference.

Also, I read with interest about converting to SQL MariaDB vs.Access. Again what is the advantage processing speed, flexibility etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Ken-W9KB

Comment

Ken, I hope you have automatic Backups enabled ?
          Run a manual backup before editing anything.
          Re. adding locator data. This has been discussed elsewhere in this forum from memory.
          There maybe some software that can do what you want but not HRD to my knowledge.
          If you many ks of contacts then a SQL Maria db would have its advantages.
          I have only 12k contacts and see no difference.
          HTH
          Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V for 80m-30m, 40m/80m trap dipole @ 40'.
          PC - Windows 10.
          Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Originally posted by W9KB View Post
            Regarding my WPX contacts that do not have location data - Is there a way using bulk edit or so other macro to select a group of a few hundred or so and have HRD automatically lookup call information?
            You can use DXKeeper to get the QRZ info. Install and run DXKeeper. Set up your QRZ XML account info. Import your WPX ADIF File. A QRZ lookup will be done on each QSO as it loads.
            Then export a new ADIF which will contain all the location data. The new ADIF can then be imported into HRD.

It sounds involved, but once you have done it a couple of times it takes only a few minutes. I have assumed that you have a QRZ XML subscription.

On the MariaDB side, I think you will find it faster and it removes the reliance on the Access runtime code which can be binned (if nothing else is using it) I use MariaDB
            Mike G3YPP
            Icom IC-7600 Firmware V2 - SignaLink USB interface
            Rig interfaced to Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 8Gb RAM
            Office computer for remote access to shack - Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit 8 Gb RAM
            Logbook using MySQL database located on my web servers

Comment

John, That's exactly what I was looking for to solve the manual lookup process! We backup frequently, but will double check automatic backup timing. I have just under 30K QSO and at times it does hang for a few seconds and lags a bit here and there... not a big concern.

Thanks,

Ken-W9KB

Comment

Working...
              X