Logbook, fresh instal, new computer, fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook, fresh instal, new computer, fail

installed HRD on fresh Win10 machine and copied the original (old) HRDLLC folder to the new machine, installed Access 2016 RT, but the HRD My Logbook.mdb 748k is either empty or not recognized. Logbook opens with the 'missing db' message.
    I created a NEWLB which opens and appears in the same location. I deleted all the logbook mdb's and Imported the HRD My Logbook form the source machine and now it opens.. blank... It opens on the original machine fine.

Is your new logbook named NEWLB? If so create a new logbook called "My Logbook" and import into that
    HTH
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V, 160m vertical helical wound and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

N6DL,

FYI. In other posts in this forum, HRD support folks commented that Logbook requires "Microsoft Access 2013 32 Bit (x86) Runtime."

Ken
      K1kDA

Comment

Originally posted by N6DL View Post
        installed HRD on fresh Win10 machine and copied the original (old) HRDLLC folder to the new machine, installed Access 2016 RT, but the HRD My Logbook.mdb 748k is either empty or not recognized. Logbook opens with the 'missing db' message.
        I created a NEWLB which opens and appears in the same location. I deleted all the logbook mdb's and Imported the HRD My Logbook form the source machine and now it opens.. blank... It opens on the original machine fine.
        Please be advised of an issue when Importing "User Defined Fields"; see:-

https://forums.hamradiodeluxe.com/node/52084
        &
        https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/view.php?id=3430
        Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Loaded Access 2013 x86 runtime and restarted the Logbook. no change
          the msg is "Counld not connect to the data source "HRD Logbook - Access". Data source name not found and no default drive specified.
          The database manager shows the presents of HRD MyLogbook-Access, 3 times and the are physically in the ...AppData/Roaming/HRDLLC /HRD Logbook along with all the backups...
          Still an empty db..
          Dave
          N6DL

Comment

"Counld not connect to the data source "HRD Logbook - Access". Data source name not found and no default drive specified.
            Have you tried doing "Restore" a Back-Up XML File?

Logbook >> File >> Backups

Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Ok, I see all my .xml files.. when I select the newest one, it takes me to microsoft.com to dl edge..

Comment

Ok, I see all my .xml files.. when I select the newest one, it takes me to microsoft.com to dl edge..
                Is the above as a result of following the HRD RESTORE procedure https://wiki.hamradiodeluxe.com/inde...up_and_Restore

i.e click on Logbook >> File >> Backups then select file to restore ?
                Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB View Post

Have you tried doing "Restore" a Back-Up XML File?

Logbook >> File >> Backups

This is the correct way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X