HRD Not tracking Sats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD Not tracking Sats

Everything about HRD and the Rotor (AZ/EL) seem to work. Using, G-5500 and EA4TX controller. Dials and indicators work and show direction. I can click on Sat presets and the AZ/EL goes to the point defined. DDE/HRD selected. Sat selected, (Enable and Start selected) but how do I get the rotor to actually track a Sat? I THINK it did it once after I installed, but have never been able to get it to do it again. Thanks
    Jim
    AI4SR

Jim,

I use HRD and the same rotator that you do. However, I use PSTRotator AZ/EL software to actually control the antenna. On my system using the HRD Satellite Tracker I must select one of the check boxes beside either the receive frequency, the transmit frequency or both for the specific satellite I wish to track. In the PST Software I need to make sure the Mode is set to TRACK.

I am told by others that their systems do NOT require the above. So I only passed the information along in case you run out of other things to try.

Ken
    K1KDA

Comment

Thanks. I tried the demo of PSTRotator and it looks pretty cool. But, I too have been told HRD should do it alone. So I would like to get it working before I spend the $20 on PSTRotator and find out it still don't work.
      Jim
      AI4SR

Comment

Jim,

I understand. Please post your ultimate solution here because others will have this issue too.

Ken
        K1KDA

Comment

Working...
        X