Errors running Logbook on installation on new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors running Logbook on installation on new computer

HRD comes up fine...but when I start Logbook I get the following errors. "Could not connect to the data source"": Data source name not found and no default driver specified." If I click OK I then get "No default database is configured. The logbook application won't be able to respond to logging or query commands from other applications. Configure a default logbook server database using the tools>configure>network server command." Even though I've played with HRD many times over the years...and purchased it at least twice at full price...I am NOT good with this software! I've fiddled around with trying to fix this with no success. I have no clue how to proceed. Any help?? 73...de...Fred N9TA Crawfordsville, IN.

Fred,

Try creating a new Logbook.

1: Click on File / Open Logbook
    2: Select "Create New Logbook"
    3: Enter Name of Logbook in "Title Box"
    4: Select "OK"
    5: You should see the name of your new Logbook in the List.
    6: Click "OK" to open your new logbook
    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

That got rid of one of the error messages. I still get this one: "Could not connect to the data source"": Data source name not found and no default driver specified."

Comment

Hey...it's working!! I was able to import my logfile and now I get no error messages!! Thanks David for your help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by N9TA View Post
          Hey...it's working!! I was able to import my logfile and now I get no error messages!! Thanks David for your help!!!
          You are welcome, I'm pleased you managed to import your logbook.
          Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Working...
          X