Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX Cluster Alarm Definitions all CWO callsigns

Dear OM,

I want to have a alarm on all the CWO callsigns. I maded one in de DX Cluster Alarm Definitions, but no succes.
    Is there somebody who got this working?

alarmdefs.PNG
    ### *.CWO matches all the callsigns you type

73, Reg de PA1REG

PA1REG,

Here is one method... it is kinda of kludge since it takes two alarms to cover all possibilities... one alarm for single letter prefixes and another alarm for 2 letter prefixes. There is probably a better method but based on the available query format information this was the best I could do.

[A-Z][1-9]CWO will return single character prefix call signs such as G2CWO or W7CWO.

[A-Z][A-Z][1-9]CWO will return two character prefix call signs such as GM2CWO or KE6CWO.

Please let us know if you find a better method.

Ken
    K1KDA

Comment

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the response. I thought and tried the same, but then i must subscribe a lott of possibilies. Proberly is this the only method, you are the only one with a response. I think i will try to make something in PowerShell.

73, reg de PA1REG

Comment

alarms.PNG

Looks like a bug!

Comment

You forgot 0 should be [0-9]
          Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Charlie K0LAF,

You are absolutely correct! I forgot the midwest (and I am a former WA0). The format should be:

[A-Z][0-9]CWO will return single character prefix call signs such as G2CWO or W7CWO.

[A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO will return two character prefix call signs such as GM2CWO or KE6CWO.

Of course these can be narrowed down considerably depending on exactly what you are looking for.

Ken
            K1KDA

Comment

Hi Ken and Charlie,

Charlie, you are right. Now it was a bug in my code. I fixed it and it works now.

How it works : Open the .txt file in the attachment. Open PowerShell. Paste the code from the .txt file and the line above is created. You can change the searchline yourself. (-SearchString "CWO")

Paste the output line in "DX Cluster Alarm Definitions".
              Click "Add" Button, you enter the form "Add Alarm Definition".
              Copy the output line from this script into the the field "Callsign".

Thanks to Ken and Charlie.

The generated line is :

[0-9]CWO|[A-Z][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO|[0-9][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9]CWO

(I assume PowerShell users know how to handle PowerShell scripts, rename to .PS1, etc )

73 Reg de PA1REG

PS_HrdCallsignWilcards.txt
              Attached Files
              Last edited by pa1reg; 01-19-20, 12:31. Reason: Added Attachment in text.

Comment

Working...
              X