Using one log datgabase with multiple computers on a local network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using one log datgabase with multiple computers on a local network

I have been using HRD about a year and a half. I have made some changes in the shack and want to use one database to log from either of two machines on a local network. I know this should be possible but I have not found a way to get there. I tried to share the folder on one maching and point the second one to the db on the share by importing. This did not work. I finally have moved the databases to the second machine by doing a backup/restore but this creates a synchronization problem. Surely this has been accomplished but so far, everything I have tried failed.

I don't need simultaneous connections, just one at a time.

Any ideas? Thanks.

We have lots of multi-station ham clubs who do this.

I have found the best method is to install MySQL (MariaDB, specifically) on one machine. Then build a DSN on the other machines that connect them to that database.

You can find a video of how this works on a single machine our YouTube channel. Connecting the additional machines just repeat the steps to install the MySQL driver and create a DSN on the other machines.

(And you can't use anything like Dropbox, OneDrive, Box... etc) for this because it's not a "cloud file system"... it's a "cloud file synchronization system." It leaves people with a mess if they try to do it in real-time.)

Mike, VK4/WA9PIE
    Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
    Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
    Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
    9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
    Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
    [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
    CW Honor Roll (289)
    SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
    Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
    Mixed Honor Roll (176)
    CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
    Mixed Honor Roll (953)
    CW (562)