Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRD Not Recognizing additional COM ports on computer--cannot connect HRD to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD Not Recognizing additional COM ports on computer--cannot connect HRD to computer

Hello, I installed HRD on my Desktop PC and and downloaded the drivers for my Yaesu FT991A. In the computer, it shows that COM 4: and COM 5 are available in addtion to COM1. However, when I go into HRD for the first time to connect the computer to my radion, the connection dialog only shows COM1, as an option. When I try COM1, HRD cannot complete the connection and times out. I don't know what I am doing wrong. How do you get the connection dialog to recognize virtual COM ports on the PC adn connect HRD with the radio?

Thanks in advance, Mike K9QOO

Check the Device Manager and make sure the 2 ports are set up properly (no yellow exclamation mark on them). And, are you clicking the dropdown button for selecting the comport in HRD?

Comment

Thanks. I got it working. I went into the Driver settings and set flow control to hardware, and it worked. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X