HELP !!! Call Sign Look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !!! Call Sign Look up

I'm really getting frustrated with this program. It seams the more I get into using it, the more I hate it.

I am historically the worlds worst QSL'er. However I am trying to redeem myself and actually respond to the hundreds of cards that I have received. I understand the issues with printing labels and I can deal with that. But the current issue I can not solve that has me ready to go back to Logger 32 is finding a call that I have worked. Is there an easy way to type in a call sign and find the log entry with out opening multiple windows or playing with that cumbersome filter option? I have over 8000 QSOs in my log and scrolling through even on a call sign sort is a total waste of time. It would be great if there was a search function for the logbook window. Opening the "entry" window for every individual call sign is a real PIA.

Anybody know a better way?

There is a search function for the logbook. It's called filter. Assuming you are trying to find the corresponding QSO for a QSL you have received, click on the filter button, Tick the callsign box and enter the callsign then tick the Date box, select "On" from the dropdown menu, enter the date of the QSO and then click apply.
    Charlie, KLAF

Comment

Hi here is maybe a hint on answering cards if you receive a lot at one time. I sort cards by number then alphabetically. When using the filter I only enter the number and letters after and I find that this produces results for the call your looking for or only a small number that is useable. Maybe this will help hope so anyway. 73 Morris WA4MIT

Comment

Originally posted by k0laf View Post
        There is a search function for the logbook. It's called filter. Assuming you are trying to find the corresponding QSO for a QSL you have received, click on the filter button, Tick the callsign box and enter the callsign then tick the Date box, select "On" from the dropdown menu, enter the date of the QSO and then click apply.
        That's a really archaic way of trying to find a log entry. And, I've tried that with almost no success. If I use only callsign, nothing comes up. If I use Callsign and date of QSO nothing comes up. But, if I scroll through the log I can find it. I've also discovered that you cannot edit anything from the logbook screen. You have to open every QSO record one at a time. Again very archaic.

And Then …….. when I disable the "filter" my log book page is completely empty. It took me an hour to figure out that if I pulled down on the scroll bar at the edge of the logbook page my log entries would reappear.

I've found this program OK for QSO logging but other than that I'm not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by WA4MIT View Post
          Hi here is maybe a hint on answering cards if you receive a lot at one time. I sort cards by number then alphabetically. When using the filter I only enter the number and letters after and I find that this produces results for the call your looking for or only a small number that is useable. Maybe this will help hope so anyway. 73 Morris WA4MIT
          I've done similar and sorted within date ranges to minimize number of records I need to scroll through. But then you have to open a new window to update the QSL record received/sent. The selected record does not stay selected. As soon as you select the "Apply" button it randomly goes somewhere else in the log and if you're not careful the wrong record get revised. Then you have to re-find the record to update the other sent or received entry.

Comment

Originally posted by K3SK View Post

That's a really archaic way of trying to find a log entry. And, I've tried that with almost no success. If I use only callsign, nothing comes up. If I use Callsign and date of QSO nothing comes up. But, if I scroll through the log I can find it. I've also discovered that you cannot edit anything from the logbook screen. You have to open every QSO record one at a time. Again very archaic.

And Then …….. when I disable the "filter" my log book page is completely empty. It took me an hour to figure out that if I pulled down on the scroll bar at the edge of the logbook page my log entries would reappear.

I've found this program OK for QSO logging but other than that I'm not impressed.
            Well, all I can say is that I have never had any of the problems that you describe here. - Charlie
            Charlie, KLAF

Comment

As the QSL Manager for GB2GM, GB50AML, GK3MPD and GB100MPD I get quite a few cards to deal with.
              I open up the Filter and QSL options and tick the Callsign box. Enter a Callsign and Press ALT+P which 'applies' the filter.
              QSL options are set to "Sent - Queued" and "Rcvd - Yes - Bureau" Click Apply for both options.
              Capture.JPG
              Having worked through all the cards I then uncheck the Callsign checkbox and change the Filter to "QSL sent Contains q" Press ALT+P again which shows all the QSOs Queued.
              Capture2.JPG

Because I use another program to print on QSL cards I select all the QSOs and export them as a .adif file.
              Then I change the "QSL sent option to "Yes - Bureau".
              Done. It takes longer to say than do it.
              HTH
              Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V, 160m vertical helical wound and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
              PC - Windows 10.
              Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

K3SK if you will use the backup function before you start filter this will help with the disappearing callsigns. I believe this has been fixed in latest version I have not seen this happen in a while.
                wa4mit

Comment

Originally posted by WA4MIT View Post
                  K3SK if you will use the backup function before you start filter this will help with the disappearing callsigns. I believe this has been fixed in latest version I have not seen this happen in a while.
                  wa4mit
                  I have the newest version. Downloaded and installed 2 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by G3UCQ View Post
                    As the QSL Manager for GB2GM, GB50AML, GK3MPD and GB100MPD I get quite a few cards to deal with.
                    I open up the Filter and QSL options and tick the Callsign box. Enter a Callsign and Press ALT+P which 'applies' the filter.
                    QSL options are set to "Sent - Queued" and "Rcvd - Yes - Bureau" Click Apply for both options.

Because I use another program to print on QSL cards I select all the QSOs and export them as a .adif file.
                    Then I change the "QSL sent option to "Yes - Bureau".
                    Done. It takes longer to say than do it.
                    HTH

Thanks for these details. I'll give it a try tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by G3UCQ View Post
                      Having worked through all the cards I then uncheck the Callsign checkbox and change the Filter to "QSL sent Contains q" Press ALT+P again which shows all the QSOs Queued.
                      Don't forget this bit.
                      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V, 160m vertical helical wound and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
                      PC - Windows 10.
                      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
                      X