Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to import Custom fields from ADIF file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to import Custom fields from ADIF file?

I try to move from Logic9 to HRD. I have to import about 140,000 QSO records with different user specific fields like <ARLHS>, <WCA>, <WWFF>, <MY_ARLHS>, <MY_WCA>, ... It is a feature of Logic9 that I can define many user specific fields with suitable field names for my own purposes.
    Since there is no explanation in the HRD manual or in the wiki how to import user specific fields to the HRD custom fields I made an experiment:
    1) I exported one QSO record of my HRD test logbook. It has the following content
    #++
    #
    # HRD Logbook version 6.7.0.254, Copyright © 2003 - 2019 by HRD Software, LLC
    # https://www.HamRadioDeluxe.com/
    #
    # Created: 20191130 194818
    #
    #--

<ADIF_VERS:3>2.2
    <PROGRAMID:14>HamRadioDeluxe
    <PROGRAMVERSION:17>Version 6.7.0.254
    <CREATED_TIMESTAMP:15>20191130 194818
    <EOH>

<a_index:3>0.0 <ant_az:3>0.0 <ant_el:3>0.0 <band:2>2m <call:7>DM3CW/P <cont:2>EU <country:24>Fed. Republic of Germany
    <cqz:2>14 <distance:3>0.0 <dxcc:3>230 <eqsl_qsl_rcvd:1>N <eqsl_qsl_sent:1>N <force_init:1>N <freq:10>145.425000
    <gridsquare:6>JO71AF <app_hamradiodeluxe_heading:3>0.0 <ituz:2>28 <k_index:3>0.0 <lat:11>N000 00.000
    <lon:11>E000 00.000 <lotw_qsl_rcvd:1>N <lotw_qsl_sent:1>N <mode:2>FM <my_lat:11>N000 00.000 <my_lon:11>E000 00.000
    <name:7>STEFFEN <pfx:3>DM3 <qslmsg:47>QTH: GROSSER PICHO, LOC: JO71EC, GMA: DM/SX-037 <qsl_rcvd:1>N <qsl_rcvd_via:1>D
    <qsl_sent:1>N <qsl_sent_via:1>D <qso_complete:1>Y <qso_random:1>N <qth:10>WUESTEBERG <rst_rcvd:2>59 <rst_sent:2>59
    <rx_pwr:3>0.0 <sfi:3>0.0 <sig:3>DOK <sig_info:3>Y30 <station_callsign:7>DL6JZ/P <swl:1>N <time_off:6>091800
    <time_on:6>091800 <tx_pwr:6>20.000 <app_hamradiodeluxe_user_defined_0:8>ABCDEFGH <hrdcountryno:3>230
    <qso_date:8>20160102 <EOR>

2) Then I tried to import this file into Ham Radio Deluxe again. The result looks like that:

File ....
    File ...
    Cache ...
    Database ...
    Database Open status 1
    Database Opening table TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01
    Invalid Field <APP_HAMRADIODELUXE_HEADING> is not supported by ADIF (Error) (1 instas
    Invalid Field <APP_HAMRADIODELUXE_USER_DEFINED_0> is not supported by ADIF (Error) (1 instances)

What do I wrong?

Wolf, DL6JZ

Hello Wolf,

Unfortunately the Importing of HRD UserDefined Fields is broken , so until it's fixed you will be unable to import Custom Fields into the HRD Database. See:- https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/view.php?id=3430
    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Hello David,

thank you for the information. It seems to be an older issue (> 3 months?). So I have to use Logic9 furthermore. It's a pity.
      And I will spread the word in the german forum also. There is an unanswered topic on dealing with custom fields also.

Wolf, DL6JZ

Comment

Guten Tag Wolf,

I think this issue manifested itself around Ver 6.4 / 6.5. I've been aware of it for over 6 months and the Mantis 3463 was raised 4 months ago.
        Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Hello David again,

why did I pay my money for such a software torso?? I believe I wouldn't get the money back if i would make such a request. So may be I will find a work around. Some SQL-statements including string-functions would do it.

But I can not understand what makes it so difficult to repair such a simple peace of software like an import routine for text-files.

Wolf, DL6JZ

Comment

Guten Tag Wolf,

I also use MySQL Database and have found a nice utility (MySQL-Front www.mysqlfront.de) that exports the MySQL File in Excel Binary Format. I then modify the Spreadsheet and then Import the Binary File back into the MySQL Database, maybe an option for you?

HRD Logbook saves UserDefined Fields to the Database and will export them ok, just not able to Import.

http://mysql-front.freedownloadscenter.com/windows/
            Last edited by G4NVB; 12-03-19, 15:37. Reason: New Link added
            Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Hello David,

thank you very much for this information on mysqlfront.de. My first approach is a bit different. I want to use the Access-Database in HRD. But this is not the difference.

I would prepare my source database in Logic9 (FoxPro) in such a way that all the content of the user specific fields is stored in standard ADIF fields, e. g. <comment>.
              Then I can export my log from Logic9 and import the ADIF file to HRD.
              After that I can extract the content of the different user specific fields with MS Accees tools to their right places in the HRD database.

But may be I will switch to Maria/MySQL DB and follow your way. This one seems to be a bit easier.

Wolf, DL6JZ

Comment

Guten Tag Wolf,

I didn't realise there was a Logbook (Logic9) that uses FoxPro; I use "Visual Fox Pro" for my "Front End" to MySQL Database.

Hopefully the HRD ADIF Import will be sorted in due course.

Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Working...
                X