time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time

in the previous version (6.6) when i entered a qso start time and end time were fully automatics
    at each new call entered in ALE window the start time was updated and pusshing add the end time was updated
    now you do it manually or you have the same time for start and end .
    does someone have the same issue ?

bests 73 JL F4GWG

Originally posted by F4GWG View Post
    in the previous version (6.6) when i entered a qso start time and end time were fully automatics
    at each new call entered in ALE window the start time was updated and pusshing add the end time was updated
    now you do it manually or you have the same time for start and end .
    does someone have the same issue ?

bests 73 JL F4GWG
    In Options/Date Times I have Start Time set to "No Change" and End Time set to "Current Time"
    I.e Start Time set when ALE is launched and End Time Set when contact is finished.
    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

hello
      yes but you have to close the ALE window after each qso. and it's not the way i use it . ALE is always open.
      previous version updated the start time after entering a call.
      bests 73 jl F4GWG

Comment

If the ALE window is to remain open then you will have to Set "End Time" to "Set by user" and manually click on "End Time" update.
        Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

the problem is not the end time but the start.
          BUT in the previous version it was fully auto . no need to update time . no need to close the ALE.
          - a new call start time was updated
          - a push on add the end time was apdate
          for me it's a regression.

Comment

the problem is not the end time but the start.
            If you have "Start Time" Set to "No Change" when you start ALE the "Start Time" will be automatically set to the Time ALE was opened. You have the option to up date the "Start Time" if required.

in the previous version it was fully auto . no need to update time . no need to close the ALE.
            How did ALE know when the QSO was finished so that the "End Time" could be updated if you don't manually update the "End Time" or close the ALE?
            Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

in the previous version , with ALE OPEN :

- you add a call in the ALE window ( or click on the cluster) and the start time was updated and fixed .
              - you click on the add button and the end time is the actual
              been working like that since 2012 . i think i know how it's been working

best 73

Comment

in the previous version , with ALE OPEN :

- you add a call in the ALE window ( or click on the cluster) and the start time was updated and fixed .
                - you click on the add button and the end time is the actual
                been working like that since 2012 . i think i know how it's been working

best 73
                We have a slightly different modus operandi in that I often close the ALE after each contact and therefore when opening the ALE the "Start Time" would automatically be set. I can see that using your method you have to manually adjust the "Start Time" for each new contact.

It would be nice to have the "Start Time" set after "Tabbing out" of the Callsign Field which would then satisfy each of our modus operandi.
                Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

it was the way it was previously working . i think it's a bug in the new version
                  before in 6.6 ver you had a time start update after tabbing out the call field and the end time was the "actual time".
                  hve a nice WE .

JL F4GWG

Comment

it was the way it was previously working . i think it's a bug in the new version
                    before in 6.6 ver you had a time start update after tabbing out the call field and the end time was the "actual time".

hve a nice WE .

JL F4GWG
                    Ok, hopefully wa9pie Mike will pick this up and get it sorted. There is a Mantis #003403 open so maybe this additional issue can be added to that.

Have a nice weekend also.
                    Last edited by G4NVB; 11-30-19, 11:11.
                    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Working...
                    X