time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time

in the previous version (6.6) when i entered a qso start time and end time were fully automatics
    at each new call entered in ALE window the start time was updated and pusshing add the end time was updated
    now you do it manually or you have the same time for start and end .
    does someone have the same issue ?

bests 73 JL F4GWG

hello
    yes but you have to close the ALE window after each qso. and it's not the way i use it . ALE is always open.
    previous version updated the start time after entering a call.
    bests 73 jl F4GWG

Comment

the problem is not the end time but the start.
      BUT in the previous version it was fully auto . no need to update time . no need to close the ALE.
      - a new call start time was updated
      - a push on add the end time was apdate
      for me it's a regression.

Comment

in the previous version , with ALE OPEN :

- you add a call in the ALE window ( or click on the cluster) and the start time was updated and fixed .
        - you click on the add button and the end time is the actual
        been working like that since 2012 . i think i know how it's been working

best 73

Comment

it was the way it was previously working . i think it's a bug in the new version
          before in 6.6 ver you had a time start update after tabbing out the call field and the end time was the "actual time".
          hve a nice WE .

JL F4GWG

Comment

I agree with JL F4GWG. Until I discovered the change, I found that many of my QSOs were not being confirmed by LOTW. I discovered that they all were uploaded with the same start time - the time at which I opened the ALE window. This was unfortunate, because several were new DXCC entities and I had no record of the actual QSO time saved.

My mode of operation has always been to keep the ALE open and enter each call as they are worked (or click from the spot window). I then click add when the QSO is over. In my 6.6 version this worked automatically and set the start time as I tabbed from the call. In version 6.7 I have to remember to click the start time at the beginning of the QSO or all start times are incorrect. I wouldn't mind the change if there were an option to set it back to the way it used to be in the Options menu.

Opening and closing the ALE window before and after every QSO seems to be an unnecessary extra step, as is clicking to set the start time.

73 Hugh NC1M
            Last edited by NC1M; 01-27-20, 21:40.

Comment

I am having the same problem. After updating HRD and loging a lot of QSOs in sequence, I noticed all QSOs was logged with same start time. Before updated, the ALE updated the time automatically. I opened a ticket for that (889082) but still trying to explain the problem to the support staff.

Comment

Thank you for suggestion David. In my case, most of the times I am in a QSO, when I finish the QSO another station calls me so, it is impossible to close and reopen the ALE window and still take note of this new callsign. In situations like that it is even hard to remember to click on the "<" and I always like to have both start and end time precisely recorded.

The update of the start (end end time) is a feature that was already implemented and, for some reason, stopped working.

Comment

F4GWG and Lucio are absolutely correct. This is a new introduced bug since v6.7.0.269. I also suffer from this bug. This is the reason I entered the forum to look for possibly solutions.

Is any solution known to this??

PS: Usually I NEVER EVER upgrade to the latest announced HRD version because I had to bad experiences in history. I wait further weeks or months and look here in forum for the bugs released by the users. When I see the most important bugs with most impact are solved, then I upgraded. This time I was an IDIOT when I upgraded at once I received the new version announcement. I absolutely regret it and for sure will not do this fault again.

Comment

Can someone get me a video of this behavior? My buddy Ron has been telling me about this for a while and I don't have that kind of behavior.

As for me, being a DXer, I may wait in a pileup for a bit trying to work a station with an ALE open. My QSOs are brief (well under 1 minute), once I'm called. For that reason, my time settings in the ALE are:
                    - Start time = Current time
                    - End time = Same as start (I could also have used Current time and it should be the same thing)

But the point here is - while the ALE is open, I want the "start time" clock running. Because the whole exchange lasts for less than 1 minute (and because of a point I'll get to in a moment), the end time isn't really very relevant.

The only reason I can think of where anyone would want "Start time" to be anything other than "Current time" is if they're a "rag chewer" and intend to (a) actually begin the QSO when they open the ALE and (b) intend to spend an extended amount of time in the QSO.

If you're not a "rag chewer", then I strongly recommend taking the settings I've described above.

On the point of "matching" in LOTW. Time needs to be within 30 mins. I've never been certain if that means "30 minutes plus or minus" (which is a 60 minute window) or "15 minutes plus or minus" (which is a 30 minute window). BUT...

Somebody decided that confirmations would match on START time rather than END time. In my view, that's a really bad decision. Because we can wait in a pileup for more than 30 minutes sometimes... and with the ALE open... using START time is the worst possible scenario. END time is a tighter target for both parties.

That said... this is exactly why I use the settings I do. Effectively, I'm trying to make the START time the same as the END time so that I have a better chance of making a match.

Please DO give me feedback on this.

Mike, VK4EIE, WA9PIE
                    Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                    Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
                    Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
                    9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
                    Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
                    [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
                    CW Honor Roll (289)
                    SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                    Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                    Mixed Honor Roll (176)
                    CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
                    Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                    CW (562)
                    SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                    Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
                    Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
                    Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

I'm being cynical but things that break should be moved to the top of the list and addressed first and foremost. But they are too often ignored especially if they are not a feature used personally in the shack of management (think label printing, sluggish WSI, callsign lookup delays, various crashes, RTTY hover decoding, etc). And things do break - I'm a volunteer beta tester for HRD and usually there are two steps forward and one step (or more) back in every release. The volunteer Beta team works extremely hard and usually thanklessly but there are just too many fires. There is simply too much pressure to "get something released".

The sequence is as follows:

Something breaks
                      One or two astute hams catch it
                      There are many denials by management and sometimes even other users as in the case above
                      Then, once finally recognized, it gets added to a list
                      It can sit for years

RTTY hover decoding in DM780 broke in 2013 after working great in early releases of 6.0. I used and loved that feature. I finally got an acknowledgement that it was added to a list in 2015. In 2017, I inquired and once again there was a denial that it existed. I made a full length video for management and they apologized for the denials. It got added back to the list. But it never got fixed and is still broken. It is probably just one misplaced curly brace but things get ignored. Label printing on my Brother label printer was always awkward but then broke completely. I still have to personally use ver 6.5 for that functionality.

Comment

We (management) do not ignore reports like these. I'm happy to discuss this further with the beta team.

Mike, WA9PIE
                        "Managaement"
                        Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                        Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC

DX CQ
                        CW Honor Roll (289)
                        SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                        Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                        Mixed Honor Roll (176)

CQ WPX
                        Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                        CW (562)
                        SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                        Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:

Comment

Hello , while appreciating the work you are all doing I do agree with W6HDG basic things get broken and then we wait wait he mentioned the label printing well it was never satifactory but I could get it to work and print multiple QSO on one label then a new relased where you fixed the lable sizes BROKE that and now it no longer does thsi it just repeats the same QSO and I have opened ticked reported it as other and now i wait wait .

73s and please all stay safe
                          Transcievers: IC-7300 - USB (v1.2) - LP 100A
                          Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
                          Antenna: Dipoles
                          PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - upgrade SSD Seagate 1To external backup
                          Canon Printer and QL700
                          PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
                          Radio Software : Win4Icomsuite 1.296 with HRD v6.7.0.275 Logbook - WSJT-X - v2.2,2- JTAlert 2.16.8 - N1MM - MTTY -

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB
                            This isn't new, it dates back to at least November 2019.
                            this is NOT true. I was running the last version(s) and this bug was definitely NOT existent. It appeared at the time after I installed 6.7.0.269 and I can say this for sure because I operate every (!) single day and log a lot of QSOs each day. I realized it when looking at the logged QSO times, they were faulty logged. After examining the issue and realizing what the culprit is (it is the ALE window) I visited the forum here).

Comment

Okay. I (management) agree.

But back to the point about "time"... is it broken? If so, how?

(Let's keep this thread on-point with "time". I'll remove unrelated posts and we can put them elsewhere. But unless there's focus on the point at-hand, it will be hard to pin this down so someone can work on it.)

Mike, WA9PIE
                              Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                              Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC

DX CQ
                              CW Honor Roll (289)
                              SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                              Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                              Mixed Honor Roll (176)

CQ WPX
                              Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                              CW (562)
                              SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                              Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:

Comment

Working...
                              X