Cluster Spot Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluster Spot Filters

Yesterday I downloaded and returned to HRD since leaving it a number of years ago (before present management). I have done very well getting things up and running, much better than I recall my first experience with HRD. Perhaps I have learned a thing or two about computing in the interim. The "problem" How to limit spots to CW only. I have deleted all the settings in the cluster filter tabs that control the spot, SSB, Digital, anything in the way of modes I am not interested in. But I continue to see spots for SSB, digital, and others. I have nothing against those modes or the people who use them. I just want to see CW spots. Perhaps I should set the frequency ranges to the CW portions of the bands. I haven't tried that yet. If it makes any difference, I am using the WA9PIE cluster.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give. 73 .... Dave, K4TO

I dont believe there is a way to filter via mode. I do not see a command and also modes are not usually put in the spot field unless it is in comments.
    I have set my filter to accept spots by zones. Here is a link to commands from DXSpider.

http://www.dxcluster.org/main/usermanual_en-12.html

Steve
    VA3FLF

Comment

Thanks Steve. Interesting. I see several entries that EXCLUDE CW. I guess that is a sign of the times. I will study and see if I can exclude everything EXCEPT CW. 73 ... Dave

Comment

Guys... you have to filter mode at the cluster node.

Here's a link to the DX Spider filter guide: http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/...ltering_Manual

You issue these commands at the Console within the DX Cluster pane.

Even with this, it's not an exact science. Since there is no MODE included as a field in a DX spot, these things work by filtering per the band plan. Someone could be operating CW at 14.200 MHz and this filtering will not suppress it.

Mike, VK4/WA9PIE
        Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
        Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
        Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
        9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
        Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
        [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
        CW Honor Roll (289)
        SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
        Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
        Mixed Honor Roll (176)
        CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
        Mixed Honor Roll (953)
        CW (562)
        SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
        Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
        Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
        Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yes, I have been studying the wiki material. I find that there are far too many spots for my interests coming through. I am not interested that someone in Europe is hearing someone in (you fill in). As I said before, I am not interested in Digital, voice, SSTV or anything other than CW. Looks like I will just have to learn to ignore. The other thing this does is load up the band map at the right side until I can't separate the stations listed. I will continue for awhile until I can come to grips with it. 73.... Dave, K4TO

Comment

Dave,
            To limit spots from Europe, click on the Show button and select Console. Then in Command entry box type accept by_zone 3,4,5 then enter. This will limit spots to zones 3,4,and 5. Hope this is helpful.

73, Charlie, K0LAF
            Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Thanks Charlie! that helps a lot.... 73 dave

Comment

Working...
              X