HRD 6.7.0.244 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD 6.7.0.244 Issues

Well, I waited for quite a while for this release. Primarily because I was getting tired of having to fire up N1MM Logger in order to have a Panadapter display on my desktop. Today, I received notice that V6.7.0.244 was ready for download. What a disappointment. The panadapter is small and not adjustable. The other problem is that the app keeps crashing. I haven't even tried to transmit yet.

I hope I'm missing something here and there is a way to enlarge the size of the panadapter. There should be a lot more adjustments available for it as well but I'm just not finding them. I'm going back to N1MM Logger unless someone has figured out solution....

Is anyone else having trouble?

Norm - W7CK

I too jumped on this new issues. haven't tested anything other than hit panadapter (IC7300 radio) and it just brings up a blank window? I know I am missing something in the setup but the pan on my 7300 screen works... did a few searches on the forums and the release info but ? no "How to" make it work. I know, stupid me but I don't have a clue how to make it work so I can do some testing or tinkering...
    WD0AJG
    Look it up on QRZ.

Comment

Hello gentlemen, even I was waiting for this new version but I do not know why the panadapter command I do not see it anywhere with n1mm works great here I do not find it. Can anyone point me out?

73 Ale

Comment

I to am using an IC-7300.

There isn't even a line indicating what the current frequency is on the panadapter.
        You can double click on a signal on the panadapter and it will take you there but there isn't any frequency reference displayed at all.
        Icom had about the worse panadapter I've ever seen on a rig. I was hoping HRD would make it easier to see weak signals instead of harder.

Make sure you have the correct COM port number specified in the Connection of HRD to the rig and that the com port is set to:
        Bits per second: 115200
        Data bits: 8
        Parity: None
        Stop bits: 1
        Flow control: None
        Then in HRD in the Panadapter window I have the following:
        Mode: Fixed or Centered
        Ref Level: Turn it up to maybe +12-13 dB (This seems the most important. It must be turned up pretty high to see anything on the Icom panadapter).
        Edges: What ever you want. For example if you want to see the entire 40m band set it to 7000000 - 7300000. Narrower edges seem to work better if Mode is set to Centered.
        RBW: Wide
        VBW: Nar
        Speed: Mid (This seems to change on its own. Not sure why. It randomly goes from mid to fast then back to mid).

Any frequency changes or Rig control via HRD Rig Control program seems to really be slow to respond. I've tried to set the timing, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Norm - W7CK

Comment

To turn it on you have to go to HRD Rig Control, select Tools menu then select Panadapter (Main).

Comment

here's a problem

Comment

rtx ic 7300 panadapter with n1mm works well here does not go, there is a problem to solve.

73 Ale

Comment

I`v been looking forward to this with the panadapter for my 7300, what a disappointment, it`s about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, oh well, back to using Win4Icom.

Comment

What a disappointment. Went back to N1MM Logger for a great panadapter.

Is anyone else here experiencing slow laggy response from their rig using HRD Rig Control? I'm using IC-7300 and have my Comms under Options set to:

Read Timeout: Use default (500 ma)
                  Polling: Only poll radio if HRD is active program (not selected)
                  Refresh Interval (millseconds) 200

Any help?

Comment

Here there is a big panadapter problem, it works but here it does not work.

If anyone knows how to solve?

I was waiting for this version to renew my maintenance license but I guess I won't.

I as a developer before asking my clients for money I always make sure that my programs work as specific, and here the specification leaves the time it finds!

Have a good trip

Comment

I'm not going to bash HRD probably more involved then I ever know to get the panadapter working...
                      I do like HRD and I'll leave it at that.

But If you guys want a big beautiful panadapter then get SDRplay a splitter and a R/T switch and SDR Console this is what I do and it works great.
                      I do N1MM for contest and SDR Console looks much better.

It cost a little more but you end up with way more.
                      Anyway you guys probably know this anyway....

Fred KB4QZH
                      Last edited by KB4QZH; 11-08-19, 19:54.

Comment

Somewhat disappointed in the panadapter display, mainly because I could not find out how to turn it on or use it. Thanks to W7CK, I eventually found it. I was surprised that Mike created a video in the email announcement and nothing showing how to use this much anticipated feature. I hope there will be new manuals for this release. Documentation is always a pain for developers, been there done that.

I am using an IC-7610 and the panadapter does work and shows frequencies and few other radio related settings, but I don't know how to dock it in one of the displays. Does it just stand alone? I use N1MM for contests and that panadapter display works very well.

Dennis
                        WA5LXS

Comment

Dennis. Are you saying that you can see the carrier frequency inside the HRD panadapter display? Do you see a vertical line indicating the carrier/dial frequency? I just see the band edges and that's it. Using an IC-7300 here.

Comment

So installed the latest version, and having an issue getting the rig control to connect to the 7300 at 115200 baud.

I have checked the serial port settings they are set to

115200 buad
                            data bits 8
                            parity None
                            stop bits 1
                            flow control None

Using a usb cable connection, with the dreaded Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge on Com3

But I get a error. Se the picture attached

Any useful help would be appreciated, and yes the license is good up to 23 Dec 2019.....

HRD issue.gif

Cheers

Ian ZL1OGX

Comment

OK got oit solved.... Went into the rig's menu and iunlinked the cv-1 usb port from the remote and the cv-i baud rate is set to 115200 and HRD is talking to it at full speed.

Supose my bad...

Cheers

Ian ZL1OGX

Comment

Working...
                              X