Program Options for two radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Options for two radios

I have two ICOM radios, an IC-735 and a new IC-7300. I have a profile for each so that when I start HRD it asks me which one I want to use. After rig control loads it starts DM780. Which ever set of program options I last set, like PPT com port or soundcard input and output devices, is what I get. These setting do not seem to change based on which radio I am using. Is there a way to have DM780 load up with the correct program options for the radio I picked when loading Rig Control? I have looked at Identities but that does not seem to be what that is for.

Sure appreciate any input. Thanks

OM,

Poorly documented, but useful feature: Identities

Identities are what you want to use ... After creating an identity for each rig (File, Identities) with your unique settings, and by checking "select identity on startup", DM will bring up your choices ... If you change radios at any time after startup you can manually select the radio in use and also change the radio identity.

Do a search on "Identities"

https://forums.hamradiodeluxe.com/node/44369
    https://forums.hamradiodeluxe.com/node/35574
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.0, JTAlertX v2.14.4, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

Thank you Ron. I will dig into that today.

Comment

I created two new Identities, one for my 7300 and one for my 735 and left the Default Identity alone in DM780. Also have start up profiles for both rigs when starting rig control. I can switch between DM780 Identies but now matter what I do, any changes I make to the program options appear to carry over to the other Identities. So, once I get everything I want working the way I want it on the 735 and then go back to the 7300 or to Default, they now both have all the same settings as the 735. Just seems like this should work and not be so difficult. I can't be the only one who wants to be able to use HRD with more than one radio without having to change a bunch of settings.

Comment

I started a service ticket with HRD Support and received this response this morning.
          What you are trying to do is entirely possible. Unfortunately we do not have any documentation for this right now. Please bear with me and I will put together a comprehensive document on how to do this and will forward it to you in a day or two.
          Will pass along what I learn once received.

Comment

I can tell you that it works ... You must have already changed all your settings before you create the new identity ..

Did you read the old Simon Brown (originator of HRD) document in one of my old postings ?

Good luck
            Last edited by W3RJW; 09-24-19, 14:47.
            Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
            Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
            Access Data Base
            FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.0, JTAlertX v2.14.4, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

Working...
            X