HRD>IC-7300 NO OUTPUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD>IC-7300 NO OUTPUT

I suspect this is an old or common problem but have not been able to find a solution here so going to ask.

I recently added an IC-7300 to my shack. Have been using HRD with an IC-735 with no issues. I have both the 7300 and the 735 working well using WSJT-X so I believe both rigs are set up correctly. With the 7300 I can log into HRD and receive/decode fine and I have rig control for things like changing frequencies. My problem is that I have no output when I transmit. It has to be a simple setting but I am not finding it. Could this be related to CI-V vs CI-V/USB? The 735 has a TNC with multiple cables The 7300 has just one USB cable.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

A search for K0PIR will show plenty of videos on how to configure both.
    HTH
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I have figured out the my problem is not the radios, it has to do with the program settings in DM780. I have posted a new Topic on that.

Comment

I have seen this happen a few times with my 7300 as well. I am using CIV for rig control and USB for the audio.

When this happens, everything seems to be operating normally, except that when the transmitter keys up, there is no RF output. (due to no TX audio making it to the 7300).

Disconnecting the USB from the rear of the 7300, waiting a few seconds, and then reconnecting, restores normal operation for me.

This has only happened 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years.

Running Win 7 / HRD 6.7.0.227

Robert / WE8R
        Kettering, Ohio

Comment

Working...
        X