Another FT4 question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FT4 question?

I have changed modes to FT4 AIDF FT4, I have even removed the MFSK and MFSK16 from the modes. Still when I pull a FT4 contact from WSJT-X, HRDL saves the contact as MSFK! I have to manually go into each contact and change it to FT4. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Larry(K0FET)
    73s

No, you are not missing anything. WSJT-x is sending the data to HRD as ADIF mode MFSK and ADIF submode FT4. Since HRD doesn't know anything about submodes it saves only the mode of MFSK. Only HRD can fix this. Meanwhile, instead of editing each contact, you can select all the entries and do a bulk edit on the mode to change it to FT4.
    Charlie, K0LAF
    Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

I should have also wrote that I tried to change MFSK with an ADIF of FT4, that should have forced it to copy over as FT4. I also noticed that in the log for WSJT-X it shows as FT4. The reason I would like it to change the mode in HRD Logbook, is so I don't have to upload it manually as I have it forwarding it to QRZ. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

this post solved all fo me from N4ST : NOTE Obviously, if you have any real MFSK QSOs, you must be careful not to inadvertently alter them.

Originally posted by N4ST View Post
        Unfortunately, HRD Logbook doe not support the ADIF submode designation which is where FT4 resides. Hopefully, HRD will fix this in the future.
        For now, what I do is:
        1) Filter your FT4 QSOs in HRD logbook.
        2) Bulk edit all FT4 QSO changing the mode to MFSK
        3} Download LoTW, backdating the starting date to when you first started logging FT4 QSOs
        4} All your LoTW FT4 QSLs will mark your MFSK QSOs as Verified.
        5) Filter your MFSK QSOs in HRD logbook
        6) Bulk edit the MFSK QSOs changing the mode to FT4.

Obviously, if you have any real MFSK QSOs, you must be careful not to inadvertently alter them.

Semi-painful process until HRD Logbook is fixed to recognize ADIF submodes.
        Transcievers: IC-7300 - USB (v1.2) - LP 100A
        Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
        Antenna: Dipoles
        PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - upgrade SSD Seagate 1To external backup
        Canon Printer and QL700
        PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
        Radio Software : Win4Icomsuite 1.256 with HRD ver 6.6.0.236 Logbook - WSJT-X - v2.1.0 - JTAlert 2.14.3 -N1MM - MTTY -
        ARRL - REF Member

Comment

Originally posted by k0fet View Post
          I have changed modes to FT4 AIDF FT4, I have even removed the MFSK and MFSK16 from the modes. Still when I pull a FT4 contact from WSJT-X, HRDL saves the contact as MSFK! I have to manually go into each contact and change it to FT4. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
          Larry(K0FET)
          73s
          I use JTAlertx between WSJT-X and HRD. This logs as FT4 in the logbook with no editing. HRD auto-uploads to QRZ with no problem as FT4.
          The only problem is LOTW uploads which others have commented on.

Regards, Antony G4CUS

TS990 - Quadra
          Signalink-usb - RS232 to usb adapter - http://www.easysync-ltd.com
          Windows 10 AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz 64-bit 10GB RAM
          HRD 6.6.0.237 (Maria Db) - W4ELP - WSJT-X - JTALERTX

Comment

I'm pretty sure the next update of HRD will ship with the Mode table containing Mode=FT4 and ADIF=FT4 and new code ... This is still an interim 'fix' until HRD is fully compliant with the the latest ADIF spec, but it will work for now .. HRD will not be 3.1.0 compliant, just patched

I have tested a future Version of HRD with FT4 contacts in the log uploaded and confirmed QSO's show as FT4 in LOTW and FT4 in HRD when downloaded ..

Also, if you are using JTAlert, In the "logging" setting, do not check "Log FT4 as ADIF 3.1.0 compliant Mode=MFSK, Submode=FT4" .... FT4 QSO's will then show as FT4 in HRD .. See below (I don't know what happens if QSO's come directly from WSJT-X)

In the mean time - FT4 QSO's uploaded to LOTW must be FT4 (Add Mode=FT4 ADIF=FT4 to the Mode table) These QSO's will then appear as FT4 in LOTW ... FT4 Confirmed (Matched) QSO's at this point will be OK as far as ARRL is concerned for awards ... Will not download as confirmed in HRD automatically, must be manually updated as confirmed ( a pain, I know) ...

After HRD update you will not have to do anything special, FT4 contacts will confirm in HRD just like FT8, PSK etc .. You will have to go back and upload old QSO's to LOTW to get things correct in HRD ...

If you do a search of the Forum myself and others have explained this many times ...
            Last edited by W3RJW; 09-11-19, 14:54.
            Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
            Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
            Access Data Base
            FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.0, JTAlertX v2.14.4, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

Thanks for the replies, my confusion on this seems to be from the fact that HRD Logbook with the Mode removed "MSFK" or with MSFK and an AIDF of "FT4" why it still shows up as MSFK under each contact. If MSFK mode is/was removed, it should not know how to list a mode that does not exist.

Thanks
              Larry (K0FET)

Comment

Originally posted by k0fet View Post
                Thanks for the replies, my confusion on this seems to be from the fact that HRD Logbook with the Mode removed "MSFK" or with MSFK and an AIDF of "FT4" why it still shows up as MSFK under each contact. If MSFK mode is/was removed, it should not know how to list a mode that does not exist.

Thanks
                Larry (K0FET)
                Larry,

Are you logging to HRD directly from WSJT-X ? If so, what mode shows up in the "Log QSO" box after each QSO ? Maybe we need to know a little more about your setup ..

logqso.JPG
                Last edited by W3RJW; 09-12-19, 12:03.
                Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
                Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
                Access Data Base
                FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.0, JTAlertX v2.14.4, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

I'm at work right now, so I can't post a screen shot but what you have posted looks correct. I can post a screen shot later tonight. I know for a fact that the log file in WSJT-X shows FT4. The mode that shows up is MSFK. Now here is something strange, just looking at the contact in HRD Logbook it shows as MSFK but if I open the contact it changes to FT4 and I can update it and it shows as FT4 from that point on.

Thanks again!

Comment

Modes.jpg
                    WSJT-X.jpg

Log View.jpg

Opened Contact.jpg
                    At this point I hit update and the contact changes to FT4.

Thanks
                    Larry(K0FET)
                    Last edited by k0fet; 09-13-19, 16:50.

Comment

Larry,

Do not know ... I have never seen that behavior and I can assure you we all don't have that problem ... Perhaps try HRD Support ...

Hopefully when the next update comes out in the near future all this will go away ...
                      Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
                      Access Data Base

Comment

Working...
                      X