Lotw upload from HRD Logbook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotw upload from HRD Logbook.

I have TQSL installed.I have my Callsign certificate,I have my location named and I'm ready to upload to LOTW. Installations: Step 3: I selected the LOG Operations tab and clicked
    upload automatically to LOTW button. In the Select File, Type of File, I set to ADIF as it says in the instructions. I check the dropdown list, then the entire computer.There are no files anywhere in my computer with his ADIF type of file. So, figuring I got things out of sequence, I changed the Files of Type to ALL and I find the tsql.exe file and selected it. I then start upload. I get an error message of an overflow on line3 and am asked if I want tp proceed If NO, it will abort so I say YES and immediately upload tens of thousands on what look like null messages. What did I not understand or how do HRD files get converted to ADIF files? Looks like a missing step somewhere. Thanks & 73

Hi since you have TQSL setup a better way to upload to LOTW is within HRD LOGBOOK if on one of the toolbars you have a icon LOTW upload if this is not present click More then select LOTW upload here you need to set this up with your password for LOTW and TQSL find your TQSL .exe file once you have this setup close it and to upload logbook entries highlight any entries you want to upload now open the LOTW upload window if you have everything correct click upload and it auto uploads the highlighted entries. The entries will now be marked as uploaded with the date. LOTW download only needs your LOTW password it does not use TQSL you can select a date to update from. I hope this helps you out. 73 Morris WA4MIT

Comment

Thank you for your very prompt response. Everything seemed to work just as you described but somewhere between sending the 10 files from HRD and LOTW receiving them, they got lost.HRD shows 10 files sent with the date sent but when I opened my account in LOTW, there were no files. There are 0 QSOs and 0 QSLs and there is nothing else in my LOTW account. 73 David WB4BB

Comment

Hi David it can take LOTW some time to process uploads if they are still not there then we need to see if TQSL can send QSO`s. Highlight those same QSO`S and click on More, export ADIF 2, ADIF only at the top right click in this box and select a convenient place like documents to save this file give it name then at bottom the export button should be working and click it. This is the file you were mentioning that TQSL wanted you need to remember where you saved it so you can now point TQSL to this file. Now open TQSL and see if it will sign and export to LOTW if it does not then something is not right in TQSL. Make sure you are using the latest TQSL and updates which is located in Help in TQSL. 73 Morris WA4MIT
        Last edited by WA4MIT; 08-13-19, 10:27.

Comment

Hi Morris. Everything went as you predicted. I exported the 10 files to a folder using ADIF2 choice.I opened TQSL and selected the folder and when I sent it, I got a message that there was an error in one of the callsigns ( O vs 0) and 3 had previously been sent in an earlier attempt?. Recommended choice was to exclude the duplicates and error and send the rest. That's what I did and they seemed to be sent. I looked in the export file and the files sent each had a paragraph of detail related to transmitting them. However in LOTW there was still nothing. 0 QSOs and 0 QSLs. So TQSL recognized duplicates and errors but they aren't there for matching. And TQSL is all up to date. If you want to see anything in the export file, let me know and I'll send it.Thanks for sticking with me. I must have missed something really simple really early in this process. 73 David WB4BB.

Comment

Originally posted by WB4BB View Post
            I exported the 10 files to a folder using ADIF2 choice.
            I appreciate that you are Exporting ADIF Files from HRD, but please be advised that there is an issue when Importing HRD User_Defined_Fields into HRD Logbook. See:- https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/view.php?id=3430
            Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

First, I only exported the files to see if the problem was with TQSL not being able to send QSOs to LOTW. This found that it looks like it can but they never arrive in my account in LOTW. I don't think I ever tried to import any files into HRD logbook so my problem still exists. 73 David WB4BB.

Comment

David what is your operating's system and type of firewall are you using and have you set any programs or app to pass through? You should have TQSL, HRD logbook, and HRD rig control all to not be restricted or a pass for them. 73 Morris WA4MIT
                Last edited by WA4MIT; 08-14-19, 02:11.

Comment

Good morning Morris. This is getting to be more trouble than it is worth. First I'm running Win7 Pro, Norton Security and yes all of these programs along with several others, are specifically set to not be affected by the firewall. In fact I turned the firewall completely off with no improvement. I am also running the latest HRDeluxe and ran a repair installation of TQSL with no effect. At this point I have no idea if the problem is in HRD or TQSL because the data seems to get lost in between them. Unless you have another suggestion, I'm thinking I should save all of the data files, uninstall the whole mess and start over. Both programs say they are running perfectly but at least one of them is lying. In fact if you can direct me to information on how to reload or transfer to another clean computer like mine would be after I do an uninstall, it may save a lot of time. Unfortunately, we may never know what happened. 73 David WB4BB.

Comment

Hi David this is a puzzle but at this point I would suspect something about the login password to LOTW or the password to TQSL (which is separate) LOTW changed the way passwords are setup go look at that maybe even change it. Then be sure to change it in HRD. Most problems of this type have been passwords which have been known to get changed or be wrong. Beyond this I cannot thing of anything else to try right now. 73 Morris WA4MIT

Comment

Good Morning Morris. Well, I found the problem. I don't see any way this happened but it did. On the ARRL site one of the things suggested to try is to cancel your callsign certificate and request a new one. It worked! I don't see how there could have been a difference between what ARRL has on file and my certificate in my computer because they come from the same place but there apparently was. So 73 and thanks David WB4BB.

Comment

Have not heard of that happening but glad you found out the problem and have things working now. Good luck and have fun
                        73 David. wa4mit Morris

Comment

Working...
                        X