Garbage Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Collection

When I execute and terminate Version 6.6.0.236, it leaves behind a file: HRD Software7.0.lw.xml in the c:/Users/username/Documents/ directory. I am running Windows 10 Pro and installed the latest version using the defaults. No biggie but not sure why the file is in MY user area and is created each time I run HRD so the file isn't needed except during HRD execution. I would think the ProgramData directory would be a better choice for such files. Ken K5RG

Originally posted by K5RG View Post
    When I execute and terminate Version 6.6.0.236, it leaves behind a file: HRD Software7.0.lw.xml in the c:/Users/username/Documents/ directory. I am running Windows 10 Pro and installed the latest version using the defaults. No biggie but not sure why the file is in MY user area and is created each time I run HRD so the file isn't needed except during HRD execution. I would think the ProgramData directory would be a better choice for such files. Ken K5RG
    Would of made more sense if it was in:-

c:/Users/username/Documents/HRDLLC

instead of

c:/Users/username/Documents/
    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Agree that c:/Users/username/Documents/HRDLLC makes more sense especially since the HRDLLC folder is completely empty. Clarification to my posting, I installed HRD using the suggested file location defaults. Ken K5RG

Comment

If the HRDLLC folder is empty then that is not right. The folder stores your settings, logbook databases, macros etc. etc. Even with a fresh install there should be some folders inside.
        Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
        PC - Windows 10.
        Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
        X