Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to run new version

Hello,

I was attempting to update from Ver 6.5 to latest Ver 6.6.
    The license server did not recognize my license, and the program exits.
    I used the license key I got when buying the program in 2017.
    I know that the support has expired, but I should be still be able to use the program.

What did I do wrong?

Per-Tore / LA7NO

A friend of mine got a similar problem.
    The license server did recognize his license, and classified it as "Permanent".
    However, when pressing OK, the program told him the license was expired, and the exited.
    So he is also unable to use the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by LA7NO View Post
      Hello,

I was attempting to update from Ver 6.5 to latest Ver 6.6.
      The license server did not recognize my license, and the program exits.
      I used the license key I got when buying the program in 2017.
      You need to read the Emails 1, 2 & 3 that were sent out to users. Your 2017 Key will not work.

Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

I never got those emails.

However, my friend did get them, including a key.
        We used that key, but the program just exited since it found the key not valid. Probably because it was expired.

Does this mean that we can not update to the latest version without buying a new license?
        With my old licesne, I have updated the program several times.

Comment

I never got those emails.
          HRD LLC Newsletter states:

NO KEY?

If you did not receive your replacement key via email yesterday, there are predictable reasons for this. Some customers used Express Checkout for their purchase. Some have changed email addresses. Some have unsubscribed to newsletters (which will block any emails before they're sent from our outbound server).

Please check junk folders and any other folders in your inbox to be sure that messages from hrdsoftwarellc.com are not being blocked.

If you did not get the replacement key by now, please send an email to sales@hrdsoftwarellc.com and the sales team will research this and email you back. Due to the amount of time required to research these, we strongly recommend that you avoid calling us for this purpose.

Does this mean that we can not update to the latest version without buying a new license?
          No, you won't have to purchase a new licence if you are an existing user.
          Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

OM,

There are no benefits to updating to 6.6 at this moment ..... 6.6 at this point in time ONLY contains execution of the new license server .... Your friends Key did not work on your machine for obvious reasons .. You did not get the e-mails because your support agreement is not up to date ... Wait a while for things to settle down and if you still think you are entitled to an update, contact HRD sales ....
            Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
            Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
            Access Data Base
            FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.0, JTAlertX v2.15.3, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

Originally posted by W3RJW View Post
              You did not get the e-mails because your support agreement is not up to date ...
              Are you saying you need a valid support agreement to update to Ver 6.6?
              Last edited by G4NVB; 07-02-19, 15:31.
              Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB View Post

Are you saying you need a valid support agreement to update?
                So far, it surely looks like that for my friend LA4EI.

P-T

Comment

So far, it surely looks like that for my friend LA4EI.

P-T
                  All registered users are entitled to the latest update. Send an email explaining your issues to sales@hrdsoftwarellc.com they will sort it for you and your friend.
                  Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

I got help from HRD support, so now everything is working OK, for both my friend and myself.
                    Thanks. :-)

Per-Tore / LA7NO

Comment

I got help from HRD support, so now everything is working OK, for both my friend and myself.
                      Thanks. :-)

Per-Tore / LA7NO
                      Pleased to hear you and your friend were sorted.
                      Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

I keep getting emails telling me that I should install version 6.6
                        I see no point in updating if the new version does not offer any benefit. I have been burnt too many times in the past.

Comment

Working...
                        X