Why no AFSK RTTY with IC-7610?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no AFSK RTTY with IC-7610?

I cannot get RTTY, AFSK or FSK to work with my IC-7610. PSK31 works fine with the radio set to USB-D1, which is set for a USB connection in my case. I have a single USB cable between my Windows 10 computer and the IC-7610. Most everything else is fine, CW in HRD and MMTTY with N1MM works great on RTTY and CW. I looked through the messages and can't find where anyone has solved this problem.

With DM780 set for RTTY(AFSK) the radio keys up with what sounds like a mark(or space) tone, but no "diddle". If I set the HRD for FSK and use the Options to set FSK, with the radio in RTTY mode, I get an HRD error saying it can't find the COM port. (I tired both ports, RTS, TX DTR) It is not clear to me what option to pick, but trying several, none work.

I know of a few others that have the same unresolved issue, even with help from Tim and HRD. Even ZL3DW in his book on The guide to the Icom IC-7610 admits he could never get FSK to work. I would be happy just to get AFSK to work. It works with MMTTY and FLDIGI, so what am I doing wrong with HRD?

Thanks

Dennis
    WA5LXS

Hi Dennis, I doubt you can do FSK with dm780 without external interface, I to solve the problem with ic7300 I connected the 7300 to the micro Keyer2 using Rutter configurations I no longer use the RTX USB port. I understand that it is an inconvenience but for the moment I believe there are no other solutions. 73 Ale

Comment

It is possible to send FSK and AFSK using DM780 and a 7300 or a 7610. No problem.
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Well here FSK with the 7300 using the USB port of RTX does not work! I tried a thousand configurations and does not want to work, I can only with external interface ie with MICROKEYER2. If you managed to run dm780 in FSK with the 7300 using the USB port of the transiver I would like to see the configurations. 73 Ale

Comment

Originally posted by IZ4OSH View Post
          Well here FSK with the 7300 using the USB port of RTX does not work! I tried a thousand configurations and does not want to work, I can only with external interface ie with MICROKEYER2. If you managed to run dm780 in FSK with the 7300 using the USB port of the transiver I would like to see the configurations. 73 Ale
          Are you using USB-D or USB? Should be USB-D.
          Can you post your DM780 setup please.
          Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
          PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Hello, I RttY I only do it in FSK no USB. By now the standards for RTTY are made in FSK because doing rtty in USB does not make sense when all transiver can work in Rtty FSK. Only with the 7300 does not work in FSK, but if I use an external interface (micro KEYER2/3) everything works regularly. This is a problem of DM780 (Ham Radio Delux) If all functions are implemented as happens in other programs such as (n1mm) The 7300/7610 would also work in FSK.
            However it is not a problem for me I solved differently, but many radio amateurs do not use dm780 in Rtty because there is a problem that has been going on for a long time.

73 Ale

Comment

The IC-7610/7300 will not send FSK RTTY if you have the rig in RTTY mode and use DM780. It has to be USB-Data then DM780 will send FSK through the rig. In N1MM you are using MMTY which is not the same as DM780. I sold My MicrohamkeyerII when I found that I no longer needed it. Use USB-D and send FSK RTTY.
              Last edited by G3UCQ; 06-02-19, 18:31.
              PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Sorry but I do not agree with your thesis, I think (and not only me) that the pure rtty only makes it in FSK, ask me to do rtty in USB-DATA and how to go back in the years at the dawn of Rtty. You're right with n1mm use mmtty but at least I can do rtty in FSK, it was for this reason that I was wondering why HRD cannot implement at least the right settings to do rtty with appliances that every day evolve into it. However for me it is not a problem because I solved as I told you a microkeyer2, and I'm sorry that you sold it, I am sure you will miss because with the only USB ports of 7300 and 7610 is not always gold that shines. 73 Good day. Ale

Comment

Give it up John .... Not going to listen ... He reads "USB-DATA" as "USB"
                  Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.5.0.207
                  Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
                  Access Data Base
                  FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.0.1, JTAlertX v2.13.7, HRD v6.5.0.207

Comment

Negative Ron, I know exactly what we're talking about, and I repeat in USB-D here as other dm780 does not work with the direct cable from the USB port of Rtx to the PC. To date I have not yet seen your settig worthy of answer on the matter.

Comment

Final word
                      http://www.k0pir.us/icom-7300-hrd-6-...0-rtty-fsk-cw/
                      PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I already knew this video, but we are always at the usual, who does not know where to put his hands did not understand how it works, I mean make a video to show that dm780 works in Rtty FSK, but the configurations dm780 side and side ic7300 where are they?? Last night after dinner I did some tests, connected cable Direct USB from 7300 to PC, launch Mtty FSK works regularly, but with dm780 there is no way to make it go. Then I discovered another problem when I make settings within the Rtty window, after I closed dm780 and reboot the previous settings does not save them. I had noticed this strange behavior even in the past while I was doing the settings for the Microkeyer2.

Comment

Are you using two usb cables or just one?
                          PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Hi, I confirm I am doing some tests with a cable connected to the USB port of RTX. 73

Comment

Working...
                            X