No announcement yet.

When will the FTDX-101D get added to the Radio List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here it is, December 30, 2019. Our 101's have been out since May, 2019 and still no support. I just paid my annual maintenance fee but I'm not sure why. I must be one of only a couple of the 30,000 HRD customers that have a 101D or MP.

Comment

HRD guys, you are quick in sending e-mails about after sales Your Software Maintenance & Support. But start support the guys who have already paid and are waiting over a year for the support of the FTdx101d. I read all kind of excuses, about asking people to deliver a radio so you can make it support. Perhaps you guys have to learn from other companies how they did it. .Even the small ones do support the ftd101d after a couple of weeks, so what is going on with the support of HRD? I do agree with KC9wps.

Comment

Well here it is, January 21, 2020 and another month without 101 support. I'm starting to look at other software now to support my radio. I've been patient now for 9 months and still no support. Something seems to be really wrong in this company, methinks. While they've been very good over the years this last year hasn't been so good, unfortunately. Maybe it's time to move on to a vendor that cares.

Comment

Originally posted by kc9wps View Post
          Well here it is, January 21, 2020 and another month without 101 support. I'm starting to look at other software now to support my radio. I've been patient now for 9 months and still no support. Something seems to be really wrong in this company, methinks. While they've been very good over the years this last year hasn't been so good, unfortunately. Maybe it's time to move on to a vendor that cares.
          Yea i wouldn't hold ya breath, it's still full of bugs and things not working,radio's not supported, yet they are quick to take our money! what a joke!

HRD Software, LLC. is a company formed in 2012 to continue the development of the Ham Radio Deluxe software suite for amateur radio. Our goals are:

#1 -
          To have happy customers who would recommend Ham Radio Deluxe to their friends. Providing great service to our customers is our best form of marketing.
          #2 -
          To make great software for amateur radio operators.
          #3 - To have the kind of employees
          that our customers rave about.

Comment

Having been a CEO for 35 years I'm not to quick to find fault with small companies struggling to survive and prosper. In the case of HRD, they supply a basically very good piece of software for almost nothing. Having been in the position over the decades of buying software for tens of thousands of dollars this is almost free and frankly HRD works about as well as some of that expensive software I've purchased over the years. On the other side of the coin, I just paid $5k for a new radio and it's full usefulness is not available because of a $50 piece of software. Ten months for support is unprofessional in my opinion. I just received Mike's email and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm not critical of that and will take any communication I can get. However, weren't we told we would get a release right after Thanksgiving? And it's almost February. We CEO's know that credibility has to be earned. It takes years to earn it and minutes to lose it. Mike is in that situation right now. Reading between the lines it looks like Mike can't keep a reliable development crew. In one of Mike's messages he mentioned that he had two camps of customers. 15,000 that were happy and 15,000 that weren't, if memory serves (and I might be wrong on that). However, 30,000 members paying around $50 per year each is $1,500,000. This should be more than enough to keep a few developers gainfully employed. In any case, it seems like Mike is having difficulties keeping the company stable and his promises kept. As for me, I'll give him a little longer on the 101MP issue but at some point I'll have no choice but to conclude that it's not coming and move on. I take no pleasure in writing this and I truly wish Mike and HRD a very bright future.

Comment

HRD are being to tight to go get the 101 and buy one, they are expecting yaesu to give them one for free!!
              im sorry but you’ve now lost me as a customer and I’m sure and hope every other 101 owner will say balls to your software too! if other software providers support the 101 on their free software, then why should we pay for yours when you don’t!
              Bye bye HRD as there is NOTHING deluxe about your software now!

Comment

For the most part, I am happy with the HRD package. I used it with my FT-991A for nearly a year with basically no issues. I purchased my FTdx101MP in November with all the discounts and free monitor. It is the nicest radio I have ever owned. I was able to make the 991A setting in HRD work pretty well with the FTdx101. I only recently discovered a problem when attempting to work 60M. I have two pieces of software in play, WSJT-X and HRD. Between the two, one of them causes the radio to drop out of memory mode after transmitting. I checked and the same thing happens with the 991A. Someone suggested I try the FTdx5000 setting. I can work 60M but now the software does not change frequencies on the the radio.

I think that the HRD folks have a lot on their plates but as mentioned perviously, the software is relatively inexpensive and the proceeds are not likely to support much of a programming staff. Remember, not all the users pay the maintenance fee annually. So they obtain funding from new sales and the residuals from people buying the support. I have not idea how many FTdx-101 units are out there, and of those, how many use HRD. In any case, I can say that it is better than a lot of the software I tried before I started using HRD. I like the integration and the support for HRD from other software packages like WSJT-X. I will stick with them. I don't know of anything else that is a complete suite of programs like HRD.

Comment

And now it's February 25th, 2020 and still no word. Gosh, I think that's 10 months. :(

Comment

Unfortunately I have to conclude that the frustrations of the FTdx101d owners are not taken seriously. It is not even bothered to comment on this forum. A pity, because I think that you use it to show how you as a company deal with your customers. Apparently HRD sees this differently, or is kc9wps indeed correct, that HRD is no longer in control and can no longer fulfill its agreements with its customers? If HRD makes a call to one of the major Yaesu Dealers in the USA, there will be a ftdx101d or mp ready for them tomorrow. If youtube vloggers are allowed to test such a device for two or three weeks, why is it not allowed for HRD. It is therefore in attitude and behavior and the willingness and urge to facilitate your customers in parts and therefore to do that. And not just calling and hoping that someone might lend an ftdx101d? That is like hiding behind unwillingness. :(

Comment

Of course adding new radios is something we take seriously. I understand that a unit has been shipped to our offices in Minnesota and we'll be tending it as quickly as we can.

By the way... other loggers only really support FREQUENCY (band), MODE, and VFO changes. Because Ham Radio Deluxe maps out all commands, it does require a more comprehensive approach.

Mike, VK4/WA9PIE
                      Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
                      Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
                      Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
                      9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
                      Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
                      [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
                      CW Honor Roll (289)
                      SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
                      Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
                      Mixed Honor Roll (176)
                      CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
                      Mixed Honor Roll (953)
                      CW (562)
                      SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
                      Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
                      Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
                      Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

Originally posted by wa9pie View Post
                        Of course adding new radios is something we take seriously. I understand that a unit has been shipped to our offices in Minnesota and we'll be tending it as quickly as we can.

By the way... other loggers only really support FREQUENCY (band), MODE, and VFO changes. Because Ham Radio Deluxe maps out all commands, it does require a more comprehensive approach.

Mike, VK4/WA9PIE

Glad to finally respond. I appreciate that. I was already losing the belief in HRD. Keep us informed more often Mike, that saves a lot of frustrations and also comes with a specific schedule. "At a next update" says as little as it may be delivered in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by pc4u View Post

Glad to finally respond. I appreciate that. I was already losing the belief in HRD. Keep us informed more often Mike, that saves a lot of frustrations and also comes with a specific schedule. "At a next update" says as little as it may be delivered in a few months.
                          Agree pc4u, even if it's bad news, it's better to know something than nothing, it gives us hope and knowing that we are being heard and not ignored.

Comment

MIke.
                            Gled to see that HRD has finnaly got FTDX101D.
                            Has driver development already started?
                            What does mean "as quickly as we can"?
                            Which month we could expect release supporting FTDX101D?
                            Yaesu suffers somehow of this delay, because lack of HRD support postpones my purchase of this radio.

73's Marcin SP5IOU.

Comment

It's March 14th and? :(

Comment

And now it's 2020.03.16

Comment

Working...
                                X