QSL label print on Ver 207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

For me it's very simple, when I select Print labels the program Logbook closes and I have to relaunch HRD. where is the print module I will delete it manually and then reinstall HRD I may be able to see what you have even if only the first phase.

Why make this part of label printing unusable before a final version! for me the older versions worked very well.

F5SRH
    - Sortie Ham Radio Deluxe 6.7.0.244
    - Yaesu FT1000D, Yaesu FT 736, Yaesu FT 847, Antenne Mosley Pro 67B, Cushcraft R 7000 +
    - Windows 10-64 bits. Processeur Intel Core I5 ​​9600k 3,7GHz 6 coeurs, 8 Go de RAM DDR4-2400Mhz,

Comment

Is HRD working on a solution...? has someone make a ticket?
      Very quiet on this front

Comment

On prior versions of HRD the Brother QL 700 printer had a work around that worked. Vs 6.5.0.207 does not work with this very popular label printer. Hopefully an update soon!

Comment

Like others Lable printing in HRD sucks, I use Dymo 450 twin and two sizes of labels but now nothing works ! need Font Size change capablility and ability to load facorty size labels such as Dymo 30324 & 30336 which I use.this should not be that hard !.
          73, Jim / K9JDP

Comment

Now that the ARRL has rescinded their exorbitant Outgoing QSL Bureau fees, I am again printing out many QSL labels. Luckily, I keep all previous versions of HRD, even back to the Simon days. So I simply rolled back to .199 and printing was restored and even the previous settings were retained. All is good since I didn't see the need in my case, for any of the fixes in .207, so I have lost nothing by going back. I also use the Dymo 450 Twin as well.
            --------------------------
            Windows 10 Pro (64bit) on a Dell i5 Quad with 8Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
            3 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left, WSJTx on center and Logbook on right)
            Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7610 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
            ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
            ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
            Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
            M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
            EFHW's for 160m, 80m, 60m, 40m & 30m.

MFJ 939i Automatic Tuner (for IC-7610)
            LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
            MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs) with Rat Master controller

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau every couple of weeks..
            Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
            Retired July 2011.

Comment

HRD version 6.6 is coming soon I read. I hope in this version de labelprint works with Brother QL-570 and 700 printers. As there is no way back.... after 6.5.207 if had go back to 6.5.199 because of this mailfunction
              73 Peter PC1Y

Comment

Originally posted by PC1Y View Post
                HRD version 6.6 is coming soon I read. I hope in this version de labelprint works with Brother QL-570 and 700 printers. As there is no way back.... after 6.5.207 if had go back to 6.5.199 because of this mailfunction
                73 Peter PC1Y
                Peter, you are absolutely correct. I wrote to Mike WA9PIE and asked him to rollback the label code to v204 or earlier. I just beta tested 6.6 and my Brother QL570 can not print a label. His answer was, "We're going to fix it after we get 6.6 rolled out". I can't say that I agree with this.

Howard W6HDG
                Last edited by W6HDG; 05-08-19, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by W6HDG View Post

Peter, you are absolutely correct. I wrote to Mike WA9PIE and asked him to rollback the label code to v204 or earlier. I just beta tested 6.6 and my Brother QL570 can not print a label. His answer was, "We're going to fix it after we get 6.6 rolled out". I can't say that I agree with this.

Howard W6HDG
                  Thanks Howard.... so we know now how Mike and HRD listen (not) to his users.
                  For me it means no labelprinting for a while....maybe look for an other logprogram
                  Peter PC1Y

Comment

Does anyone have any news on when the label printing is to be sorted out? Being relatively rare DX, the amount of cards to be sent is growing well.

Stuart, GD0OUD.

Comment

The latest version v6.6.0.236 has support for the Dymo labelers. However, the font is very small, and you can't change it either. I'm still using v.199 which has a great looking label setting. Still holding out hope that they will work with the fonts and such to create something that doesn't need a magnifying glass.
                      3 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left, WSJTx on center and Logbook on right)

ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs) with Rat Master controller

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau every couple of weeks..
                      Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
                      Retired July 2011.

Comment

I may have to roll back to v6.5.199 as I have lots of QSL labels to print. Is there any problems doing that from v6.6?

Stuart.

Comment

I have not had to roll back to 199 since I installed v6.6.0.236 on a different computer than the one I use for my logging and operating. I do this to check each version before I commit to installing it on my main computer, which is still at 199.

However, before v6.6, it was not a problem at all and I found my previous label formats were still available in the label printer function. But with the new activation server system, I think you will only have 90 days to "roll back" before they take the old server off line. Not sure how this will work with any existing label formats you may have previously created, but I would sure try it until the fix the label printer function to where it is more user friendly.

George

Licensed in April 1973.
                          Retired July 2011.

Comment

Hi George,
                            I'll give it a try, the worst that will happen will it won't work. I'll do as you suggest and load .199 onto another computer and print from there while the old server is active.

73, Stuart.

Comment

Working...
                            X