Stations not plotting correctly in Google Earth, when taken from My Logbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stations not plotting correctly in Google Earth, when taken from My Logbook

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but will go ahead anyways. When using HRD Logbook, I discovered a feature I did not know it had. If you select an entry/entries in your Logbook you can display their location in Google Earth. I found 2 ways to get to the Google Earth; 1 was thru the More and selecting it and the other was thru Logbook/Lookup/Google Earth. This is nice in that you can check your antennas performance in various directions. When I made my selection, I had a number of entries that were plotted in the wrong location (such as the middle of the ocean). Thinking that the grid square may be incorrect, I corrected a number of them, but the plots did not change. My question is what does Logbook give to Google Earth to determine the plot??

I had never tried this feature prior to your post. But since your post, I have tried it 30 or 40 times and it has worked perfectly every time. Sometimes looking up just one contact and sometimes several. I know that's not much help. I'm using HRD ver 199 on a Windows 10 machine.

Charlie, K0LAF
    Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Likewise never though of it but works great here Thanks HRD v199 on Win 10 Pro
      Transcievers: IC-7300 - USB (v1.2) - LP 100A
      Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
      Antenna: Dipoles
      PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate 1To external backup
      Canon Printer and QL700
      PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
      Radio Software : Win4Icomsuite 1.212 with HRD ver 6.5.0.199 Logbook - WSJT-X - v2.0.1 - JTAlert 2.13.1 -N1MM - MTTY -
      ARRL - REF Member

Comment

There is another cool feature in HRD you may not have tried.
        Open Mapper from Rig Control and click on Stations/HRD Logbook Query.
        Select a .mdb database and make sure the dates/bands/modes are correct. Click on Apply.
        This is part of my Logbook
        Mapper.JPG
        Have fun.
        Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/60m/80m trap dipole.
        PC - Windows 10.
        Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

The Mapper has never worked for me since I don't use an Access database.

Charlie
          Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Originally posted by k0laf View Post
            The Mapper has never worked for me since I don't use an Access database.

Charlie
            I have had a Mantis request open for MySQL databases to be used as well for sometime. Hopefully soon.
            Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/60m/80m trap dipole.
            PC - Windows 10.
            Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
            X