X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cal2177
    started a topic Logbook Slow and Stalls

Logbook Slow and Stalls

Since updating to v6.5.0.183, logbook is extremely slow to load, stalling at the opening splash screen. Sometimes it will continue on after a minute or so and sometimes it crashes to desktop. Also, QRZ callsign lookups sometimes take so long that the logbook crashes to desktop and it also stalls DM780. Previous versions didn't do this. QRZ callsign lookups done through the website at the same time logbook is stalled don't stall. I'm running Win10 on a laptop.

• cal2177
    replied
    Nope. Still doing it.

Leave a comment:

• cal2177
    replied
    Well, it appears the recent update has solve my problem. The logbook no longer hangs on start up.

Leave a comment:

• G1TPA
    replied
    I have the same issue as W5JPT and it can take as long as 60 seconds for it to either crash or load (generally it loads) if I turn off connect at startup in the cluster settings it loads like it always used to (immediately)

I'm not sure if this is a contributing factor but due to a fault my internet over the last week is extremely laggy and slow (less than dial up speeds) I guess that will answer itself next week after the cable company have replaced the faulty cable from the street into my house.

As I know support read these pages I would like to say: we may all moan and bitch about stuff on here but I for one am grateful for the way you now resolve issues brought to your attention

Tor - G1TPA/G1E
    Last edited by G1TPA; 02-19-19, 16:21.

Leave a comment:

• cal2177
    replied
    I understand that an expect a bit of delay when first loaded. But I am talking about minutes of wait only then to see the logbook crash to desktop with the splashscreen still visible. Each attempt results in the same thing. If I reboot, that will sometimes make it work. HRD is dead in the water on my machine. Which is a shame since it has worked flawlessly since I bought it last year.

Leave a comment:

• WB5JJJ
    replied
    I've noticed the stall during startup until the DX Cluster is fully populated. Sometimes this takes 15 seconds or more. My internet connection is solid and fast, so I attribute this to the DX Cluster server or the access to it at HRD. This stall or slowdown does not happen with most other DX Clusters I've tried. However, this is not always the case, just often enough that I notice it. Can't do anything with HRD LB until the cluster is functioning. I've never had it wait so long that HRD crashes.

Leave a comment:

• cal2177
    replied
    Okay, HRD Logbook has become virtually unusable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X