Problems sending log from WSJT-X to HRD Logbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems sending log from WSJT-X to HRD Logbook

I've tried setting up HRD and WSJT-X to send logs but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried turning off the firewall and have tried using JTAlert-X to send them but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried running HRD Logbook as an admin with the same issue. I wrote a quick VB.net app that tries to send a UDP message to HRD and it seems to crash HRD Logbook with a "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access." Has anyone else had this problem or better yet a solution?

Thanks.

BTW here is the code for my UDP sending app.
    Imports System.Net.Sockets
    Imports System.Text

Module Module1

Sub Main()
    Console.WriteLine("Sender")

Dim UDPClient As New UdpClient()
    UDPClient.Client.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel .Socket,
    SocketOptionName.ReuseAddress, True)
    UDPClient.Connect("192.168.1.70", 2333)
    Try

Dim strMessage As String = String.Empty
    Do

strMessage = "<?xml version='1.0'?><contactinfo><contestname>CQWWSSB</contestname><contestnr>71</contestnr><timestamp>22-6-2008 7:04:00</timestamp<mycall>PA1M</mycall><band>14</band<rxfreq>1420100</rxfreq><txfreq>1420100</txfreq<operator>STA</operator><mode>USB</mode><call>VE6CIC</call><countryprefix>V</countryprefix><wpxprefix>VE</wpxprefix><stationprefix>PA1M</stationprefix><continent>NA</continent><snt>59</snt><sntnr>233</sntnr><rcv>59</rcv><rcvnr>123</rcvnr><gridsquare></gridsquare><comment></comment><qth></qth><name></name><power></power><misctext></misctext><section>14</section><zone>5</zone><NetBiosName>CW-STATION</NetBiosName></contactinfo>" ' Console.ReadLine()
    Dim bytSent As Byte() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(strMessage)

UDPClient.Send(bytSent, bytSent.Length)
    strMessage = String.Empty

Loop While strMessage <> String.Empty
    UDPClient.Close()

Catch e As Exception

Console.WriteLine(e.ToString())
    End Try

Console.WriteLine("Press Any Key to Continue")
    Console.ReadKey()
    End Sub

End Module

I found a couple of errors in my XML and fixed them. This program does actually work now and sends the contact to HRD. Still no luck with WSJT-X though.

Comment

If you are just trying to log from WSJT directly into HRD, you are making this WAY too complicated. In WSJT-X, go to: File-->Settings-->Reporting tab. At the bottom of the window where it says "N1MM Logger + Broadcasts", select "Enable logged contact ADIF broadcast". For the server name or IP, it should be the localhost of 127.0.0.1. The port number is 2333. That's it for WSJT.

In the HRD Logbook, go to Tools-->Configure-->QSO Forwarding. In the UDP Receive section, select "Receive QSO notifications using UDP from other applications (WSJT-X). The receive port again is 2333. Target Database is My Logbook in my case. And I selected MyStation fields should be Merged but it's your preference.

That's about it. I did select in WSJT-X under Reporting to have it "Prompt me to log QSO", but you don't have to.

John K7KB

Comment

That's exactly what I did but it's not working. That's when I tried writting that app to see if I could figure out what's going on. I was able to run my app using my 192.168.1.70:12060 and HRD got the contact. But nothing on port 2333 works.

Comment

Perhaps the port is being blocked by an installed firewall or being used by some other application? Thatís all I can think of at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X