Google Earth .kml Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth .kml Issue

Hello all. When I right click on a log book entry and perform a Google Earth lookup a window dialog box pops up and asks me to save the .kml file, in lieu of opening Google Earth and showing me the contacts location and Sat image. Any help or suggestions to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Sorry, I do not see that issue so I suggest you open a ticket for it.
    HNY John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Thanks John. I got HRD to use Google Earth. For others in Windows 10 simply open settings, apps, default apps, choose default apps by file type. Then find kml and associate with Google Earth. Strange tried this a few times before I posted and Google Earth was not an option but it showed up today, Now I have a new problem. Google Earth opens but it views a spot in the middle of the Atlantic. Again any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have you entered your Home locator into the Mapper options?
        If there is no locator data that is what you will see.
        HTH
        PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Thanks, not sure where mapper is located in HRD, I'll look for it. This only happens with DX contacts; in North America GE works great.

Comment

Sorry. I had a Senior moment. This has nothing to do with Mapper.
            Showing a station in the Atlantic used to be a problem with Google Earth lookups but that was fixed I am sure.
            I have just tried it and see no problems.
            What station are you using for this and what version of HRD?
            John
            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

John, I'm using Ham Radio Deluxe v6.4.0.907 via CIV connection. Also, I'm using GE pro. Again I only have the problem with DX Contacts.

Comment

Are the stations you have logged showing their Locator in the ALE? If not, that is your problem.
                John
                PC - Windows 10.

Comment

John,

Thanks for the response and the help. I'll check the locator and advise.

Comment

John,

Yes they show all the needed locator information. Now when I perform the the GE look up it shows the directional path line and if I mouse to the end of the path and zoom in it It takes me to the contacts location. So I can certainly live with this. For North American contacts GE takes me directly to the contact location and zooms in automatically. Strange it used to do this for all contacts but stopped when I believe GE changed to GE Pro. Anyway must be some bug with Pro. Thanks again for taking the time to help, its much appreciated.

Comment

I am pleased to have helped to ease your frustration. There are so many variables at work that it is a miracle we get anything out that makes sense.
                      Happy New Year.
                      John
                      PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X