Minor import bug found in latest version 907

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor import bug found in latest version 907

I believe this is a new bug since 902, but here goes.

Running WSJTX and using the N1MM connection to HRD LB without problems until lately. When a log entry is sent to HRD LB, the QTH is truncated to my display length of 16 characters in my LB display screen. If the name is longer, it's just not completed properly. I have to add one or more characters to get the QTH properly entered. In looking back in my log, I find that other long QTH's from older entries are properly logged.

Just wondering if anybody else is seeing this before I submit a ticket?

73's

George - WB5JJJ
    Last edited by WB5JJJ; 12-14-18, 16:18.
    --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
    2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
    Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
    ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
    Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
    M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
    Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
    Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
    Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
    MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
    Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
    Retired July 2011.

If I understand the question. I am not having trouble with greater than 16 characters being truncated in the QTH field of version 907.

73 K8HIT Dave
    73 K8HIT Dave

Comment

This is now a known problem with USA QTH's stemming from the lookup HRD LB ALE uses. There is an embedded Zip Code table in the HRD software and that has the 16 character limit on QTH's when cross referenced, not an HRD LB problem per say. They have found several QTH's that are just plain wrong and some that are limited to 16 characters and also wrong. No one at HRD is quite sure why the Zip Code table is still being used instead of just the QRZ lookup. It was thought to have been removed some time back. I guess now it will - eventually. This obviously only affects USA and maybe Canada (since they use a similar Zip Code system) QTH's. Others are just fine. Perhaps it was to pacify users that were not members with a QRZ XML subscription, so they would have a QTH entered. Seems like it should have checked ones status with XML first.
      --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
      2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
      Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
      ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
      ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
      ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
      Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
      M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
      Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
      Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
      Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
      MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
      Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
      Retired July 2011.

Comment

Working...
      X