Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <stop> in RTTY FSK.

Hi,

Using the latest version of HRD - Windows 10 64 bit - IC7610 and the new MicroHAM Microkeyer III.

When in RTTY AFSK mode - and using the SEND (F4) function (or any of the standard macros) the embedded <stop> within the transmitted text - de-keys the transmitter OK.

When in RTTY FSK mode and I use SEND (F4) - the <stop> is ignored (in my transmitted text or in any of the standard macros) and the IC-7610 continues to idle in RTTY.

Stranger to report - if I then use the AUTO (F2) function the embedded <stop> works and the transmitter de-keys.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this - or is it just me ??

Plus of course - I'm using the new Microkeyer III from MicroHAM and there may be some 'incompatibility' issue with HRD in RTTY FSK ???

73 de Richard G4UGB

Hi Richard
    I use the 'send immediately' option checked in the macro window, not SEND (F4).
    However, I find that using <STOP> in the macro works as does Auto Stop.
    This is with AFSK and FSK RTTY with my IC-7610. In fact, I do not recall ever having a problem with stopping a macro.
    I thought my delay in sending FSK was over but it has returned.
    On the first transmitted macro sent there is a 2/3 second delay before the message is sent. Only with FSK. AFSK send s immediately.
    John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I never have been able to use the Standard or (Default) macros and have them work correctly. I had to create a "profile" and select which modes to use from the macros settings menu. Even then I had to make sure the <stop> cmd. was manually entered in each reply, Does this behavior exist in other modes?

Comment

Originally posted by k4rky View Post
        Does this behavior exist in other modes?
        PSK modes stop and start as they should for me. I did use SSTV a few times and that also had no problems.
        Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
        PC - Windows 10.
        Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Hi,

Thanks John G3UCQ and to K4RKY for the comments.

Well, I have not a clue why this happens. And yes - the end of transmission delay in RTTY remains and which seems well documented and discussed.

I don't use the macros in HRD much - preferring to 'free type' (if I can keep up on the keys) hence the use of the SEND (F4) function button.

However - why the embedded <stop> works in RTTY AFSK and not in RTTY FSK (with the same transmitted text in both cases) is a strange one. Seems that I am the only one experiencing this so must be an issue with my setups somewhere or other. And yes - the embedded <stop> works in AFSK in all other modes, PSK, Olivia etc.

I shall continue to review my setups between the Microkeyer III and HRD and see if I can locate the source of the problem.

Thanks again.

73 de Richard G4UGB

Comment

After a few days of trying everything to resolve this issue - I contacted Jozef at MicroHAM and told him of the issues I was having. He linked to my PC using Team Viewer and resolved the problems within 15 minutes. Seems that for some strange reason - the virtual COM port I was using (and I thought I had tried them all) for FSK operation had an issue somewhere - it would instantly put the IC-7610 to transmit with a continuous mark tone. Yet - it would work perfectly in AFSK but with the <stop> embedded in the text being ignored. Anyway - Jozef used another virtual COM port and changed some parameters inside DM780 - and it all started to work as it should. BIG thanks to Jozef and Microham - and I have to say - and I knew it HAD to be 'operator error' somewhere. Let me also say without bias - I've been a MicroHAM customer for some years now - and Jozef provides excellent customer support for his excellent products.

Comment

Working...
            X