License Manager will not run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Manager will not run

Due to increasing problems with the DX Cluster updating taking a very long time, I finally went the route of re-installing my OS (Windows 7 64 bit). HRD had been running fine but the cluster problem persisted even with re-installation and deleting all registry entries. This computer is used solely for ham radio so I didn't mind reinstalling the OS.

However, now HRD will not run at all. NONE of the modules will run and the license manager has never run either, which is why I think none of the modules will run. I've installed several other ham radio apps that work just fine, including Flex SDR, a couple of rotor control programs, etc.

A clue is Windows event monitor, upon trying to run the HRD Remote server returns "HRD RemoteSvr error: 1063. Cannot start HRD service." When I do try to run any of the modules, they show up under task manager as a running process, but no application.

I'm not sure if there is a way to run the license manager stand-alone or not. I've tried running QlmLicenseWizard (not sure if that is it or not) but it says no file specified or something like that.

Anyone else with this issue?? Running latest general release.

................Bob
    Last edited by W4PG; 10-23-18, 01:12.
    Bob W4PG OS Windows Professional 7.0 64 bit
    Icom 7800 w/ US Navigator interface
    Kenwood TS-990S Direct USB connection
    Green Heron RT-21 Rotor controller
    Microsoft Access Database

Last night I got the bright idea to update the BIOS on my motherboard as the installed one was a couple of years old. Things did not go well and at this point, I'm likely going to trash the MB and replace with a new one and just run Window 10 and be done with all this stuff!! :-)

................Bob
    Bob W4PG OS Windows Professional 7.0 64 bit
    Icom 7800 w/ US Navigator interface
    Kenwood TS-990S Direct USB connection
    Green Heron RT-21 Rotor controller
    Microsoft Access Database

Comment

Bob, I feel your pain. I assume you did not run an image backup before reinstalling the OS? If Windows has installed correctly there is no logical reason why HRD shoud not run.
      Something screwy there. What went wrong with the mother board update? The BIOS is unlikely to affect the running if HRD. My suggestion would be to reinstall Windows again, get that running and install HRD again. If you still have problems contact support.
      Good luck.
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
      X