Favorites IC-7610 USB-D1 Option?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorites IC-7610 USB-D1 Option?

Is there a way to setup a favorite with USB-D1 as an option for the IC-7610?

I also have a IC-7610 and have tried setting up USB-D2 for FT8. Selecting USB-U or DATA-U sets the rig to LSB.
    Perhaps you should open a ticket for this.
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I had the same question when I had the IC-7300 same problem. Never heard if they ever fixed it.

Comment

Hi Guys.
        I dont understand the question!
        Can you not just select Mode > USB, and Data > D2 from the RC drop down menu?
        Stevie, GJ6WRI

Comment

The 7610 has a really weird mode select menu that tends to drive you nuts. For example, right now it's set for USB-D1. If I hit the mode select button on the screen, and then select SSB, it then changes to LSB. You think, "OK, now if I hit the SSB key again, it will change to USB, right!" WRONG - it goes back to USB-D1. The only way to get it back to USB is to hit the menu select button and hit the DATA button again. Then it drops back to the normal USB mode. After that the SSB button will toggle normally between USB and LSB. I hope Icom does something to straighten out this mess on the next update as their current mode select leaves a bit to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by K7KB View Post
            The 7610 has a really weird mode select menu that tends to drive you nuts. For example, right now it's set for USB-D1. If I hit the mode select button on the screen, and then select SSB, it then changes to LSB. You think, "OK, now if I hit the SSB key again, it will change to USB, right!" WRONG - it goes back to USB-D1. The only way to get it back to USB is to hit the menu select button and hit the DATA button again. Then it drops back to the normal USB mode. After that the SSB button will toggle normally between USB and LSB. I hope Icom does something to straighten out this mess on the next update as their current mode select leaves a bit to be desired.
            Guys, this is not an ICOM problem. On page 13 of the CIV command manual you see command #26 which is used to set the operating mode, data mode and filter with one single command. The way it is implemented in HRD is their choice.
            Last edited by k0laf; 11-28-18, 16:43. Reason: Better wording
            Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Charlie, I didn't say this was a HRD issue that needed to be corrected by sending the 7610 a different series of commands. What I was complaining about was within the 7610 itself and how it does mode selection from it's own drop down menu.

Comment

Working...
              X