Logbook very slow to respond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook very slow to respond

My HRD Logbook v.893 is extremely slow to start up (3min 30 secs) giving the not responding indication. Also when editing any entry it is also extremely slow to update. (30sec to open), and (1min 20 to edit the selected entry). Showing the Not responding indicator each time. On closing the logbook down, it is takes a long time to backup (2min 20 sec ) before the program shuts down. This never happened with the older versions any ideas anyone.

regards ROG. G8HLH

Rog, there has to be something else going on in your PC as I do not see those delays, and never had, and it is not being reported by others, at least, not yet.
    Could there be an anti-virus program checking the files as they run? Have you had a recent Windows update installed.
    Can you roll back your PC to an earlier date and try that?
    It might be worth creating a ticket and have support look at your PC if those checks do not work.
    HTH
    John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Rog, another idea.
      Your database may have got corrupted so try this.
      Once you have your logbook loaded, export all of the QSOs as a .adif file.
      Then create a new database and import the .adif file into that.
      It's worth a try and if it works delete the old logbook database.
      HTH
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

SOLVED THIS PROBLEM... On the ODBC Data Source Administrator in the Tracing TA, I had start tracing button set. This caused on Start or Edit to trace each log entry to be interrogated in turn, creating a 2 min delay..... Peace at last!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X