Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install updates past current version 6.4.0.840

Good Evening Everyone,
    I was directed here by HRD tech support. I am new here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased HRD Dec 2015 and have not had any update install issues until currently. I currently do not have annual tech support however I am no longer able to install the updated versions past 6.4.0.840. Once I reach the Microsoft Access 2007 runtime uninstall window and I proceed on, I get an error that states the client software version is out of sync. I then get a final error window that pops up and states that it is unable to uninstall old version and to manually uninstall it and reinstall. My reason for writing you is that I don't want to manually uninstall HRD and have to reconfigure the entire program. I intend to possibly purchase a year of support in 2019 for feature upgrades however I would still like to be able to install regular updates since I had not a problem until my current version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.

I am running win7 64bit

Corey Holstine KE8BYM
    Corey

Hi Corey
    On the Rig Control window go to Tools/Archive where you can save all the settings to a folder of your choice.
    Then, if/when you uninstall HRD you can copy that folder back again.
    HTH
    John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

John thanks so much. When I get some time this next month I may be brave enough to try it, hi hi. I was hoping for another work around but had a feeling there probably wouldn't be one.

Thanks again.

Corey

Comment

Good Morning John,
        So I have finally got some time to try this. I am currently deleting HRD, I have it saved. When I install the latest version, where do I go to install my saved folder? Thanks again. Corey
        Corey

Comment

Hi Corey. Got your PM. However, if you have backup software for your PC like Macrium or Acronis please create an image backup BEFORE uninstalling HRD. That will be insurance in case it all goes wrong. There is a free version of Macrium. Save the archive folder to a different drive if you have one. HTH
          Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
          PC - Windows 10.
          Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Good Morning John,
            I didn't see this post until it was too late but I have PMd you and all is good so much thanks! The new fresh install pulled all of the HRD backup info over automatically and all seems to be operating as it should!

Corey KE8BYM
            Corey

Comment

I am having similar issues. I am running 6.5.0.199 and want to update to the latest version 6.5.0.207 and it fails. I have tried uninstalling from the apps manager as well and same issues.

Any ideas other than reloading my OS?

Windows 10 Pro 1903.18890.1000 x64

Jeff - K2AK

Comment

Working...
              X