No announcement yet.

Logbook V6.4.0.888 keeps crashing / dumping constantly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK tested it and works. I will do it next time logbook fails.
    Where do i send the dump file? Here as post reply?

Comment

Originally posted by DL3LK View Post
      OK tested it and works. I will do it next time logbook fails.
      Where do i send the dump file? Here as post reply?
      Please open a ticket and send it to the Team.
      Good luck and success.
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB View Post

Exactly the same here. I have checked that I have the latest Windows 10 Updates, Loaded HRD Rig Control and Logbook, all is fine at this stage. Every time I try to run Digital Master the Logbook reports an error and then shuts down.
        We're tracking this issue at Mantis 2911. It might take a day or so to get a permanent fix built, but you can work around the problem for now.

The issue is that, when DM780 connects to the Logbook, it wants the Logbook to execute commands against one of the Logbook databases. If that database isn't already open, the Logbook will crash when trying to open it. You can open it manually, though, and avoid the trouble. To do so, I think these steps will work:

1) Open Logbook. Make sure there are no other HRD apps open.
        2) In Logbook, use the "Network Server" command in the "Configure" tear-off menu in the "Tools" menu.
        3) In the resulting "Network Server" dialog box, the "Select database for remote network access" drop-down list should identify one of your Logbook databases. Remember that name!
        4) Close the "Network Server" dialog box.
        5) Use the "Open" command in the "File" menu to open the database with the same name as you saw in Step #3.

That should do it; at this point, if you start DM780, it should run just fine.

If it turns out that you don't see a database name in Step #3, that's a different problem -- you'll want to choose the database you want to use when interacting with DM780 there, and save the setting.

If you aren't able to mnaually open the database that's configured in Step #3, that's also a different problem. You'll want to sort that out separately -- probably by choosing a different database in the "Network Server" configuration, but maybe by figuring out what's wrong with your chosen database.

Comment

Originally posted by K7ZCZ View Post
          The issue is that, when DM780 connects to the Logbook, it wants the Logbook to execute commands against one of the Logbook databases. If that database isn't already open, the Logbook will crash when trying to open it.
          Re-installed .888 as I'd reverted back to .787. I started "HRD Rig Control" which in turn starts "HRD Logbook". I then checked "Network Server" to see which Database was selected for "Network Access" which was showing the correct database. I then started "Digital Master" which opened ok.

As a further test to confirm your findings, I closed all HRD Apps and repeated the above, this time I selected another (incorrect) Database, I then started "Digital Master" which then caused "HRD Logbook" to error and then close.
          Last edited by G4NVB; 10-03-18, 19:50.
          Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB View Post
            As a further test to confirm your findings, I closed all HRD Apps and repeated the above, this time I selected another (incorrect) Database, I then started "Digital Master" which the caused "HRD Logbook" to error and then close.
            Following this sequence I can confirm this also and have added notes and a mini dump file to Mantis 2911.

Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

log book not responding new version...worked fine for days sure it will be fixed

Comment

I have the same problem here...constantly freezes and must b rebooted......
                30 day chart is still blank but they say they are working on that

Comment

Same for me too - I raised a ticket - response was 'we are aware and it will be fixed in a few days'. Still waiting.

Richard G4UGB

Comment

Thanks to the HRD Development Team - the logbook lock-up now seems to be cured with version 6.4.0.893. Back in business !!

Richard G4UGB

Comment

Maybe for you but not the rest of us who still get lock up that lasr from 30 sec. to 30 days... beet you are a Win 10 user as all the fixes reported seem to only work on Win 10 and we Win 7 users are still suffering

Comment

Today Logbook greyed out, half hour after the last qso entry.

Waiting .... waiting ... nothing ... logbook is still greyed out.

I did this:
                        Restart HRD Rig Control
                        After Restart
                        Logbook > Radio Pane > Connect
                        Logbook connects and all went fine.

... and .. i had no dumpfile (i never had) in dir C:\ProgramData\HRDLLC

Looks like Logbook is loosing connection to HRD ?

73 de Volker DL3LK

Win7/64 and HRD 893

Comment

Originally posted by DL3LK View Post
                          Today Logbook greyed out, half hour after the last qso entry.
                          Waiting .... waiting ... nothing ... logbook is still greyed out.
                          Volker
                          It is possible that your database has got corrupted.
                          Try this. Export the whole database as a .adif file.
                          Create a new database and import the .adif file into the blank database.
                          If the Logbook no longer waits for a long time this has fixed the problem.
                          No harm to try.
                          HTH
                          John, G3UCQ
                          PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                          X