QSO Forwarding???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QSO Forwarding???

Mike's email today heralding the release of the new HRD update mentioned that the "QSO Forwarding" feature has been improved to where it's extremely easy to setup Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook to receive QSOs directly from WSJT-X as-if they originated in DM-780. Well, I haven't seen that yet... I had 3 FT8 QSOs this evening running WSJT-X with HRD in the backround and not one of the QSOs was recorded into my HRD Logbook. I was running DM780 as well behind WSJT-X. I tried running with and without JTAlert and QSO Relay. I would really appreciate some help and guidance in setting up HRD, the Logbook, WSJT-X and JTAlert so that they all work together. Thank you in advance!
    Bob, N6REK

I jumped on this new capability so I could eliminate the JTAlert middleware. I have it working but it was not entirely clear at first what to do.

In my instance I needed to:

In WSJT-X enable N1MM Logger + Broadcasts leaving the N1MM Server port number at 2333
    In HRD Logbook enable Receive QSO notifications using UDP...
    In HRD Logbook set the Receive port to match the N1MM port in WSJT-X (2333)
    In HRD Logbook I set the Target Database to My Logbook (That's my primary logbook)
    In HRD Logbook set My Station fields should be to Overlaid

Until I did these things the OK button would not activate.

It's working like a champ now. Hope this helps.

CUL
    Frank, KN4XJ

Comment

I have the same problem as Bob. Despite being helped by Chris, VK2BYI with the settings which are the same as yours Frank. It will not work for me.
      However, I just loaded v.886 onto my laptop, set it up and bingo, WSJT-X sends the QSO to HRD Logbook no problem.
      So it must be a Windows problem. What is the $64,000 question. I'll contact Chris again.
      HTH
      John
      Update. QSO forwarding also works on another OS I can boot into.
      Last edited by G3UCQ; 09-12-18, 14:42.
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Dear colleagues...thanks for starting this post!!
        ...same experience and no solution...

Waiting for detailed and running instructions

Attilio

Comment

I asked the other beta testers for a possible answer to the problem.
          PC - Windows 10.

Comment

I followed the instructions given here by Frank, KN4XJ and it worked like a charm!

Thanks Frank
            73, Charlie, K0LAF
            Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Yes. They are the same as given to me Chris, VK2BYI and they work on a laptop and another OS but not my 'main' OS.
              John
              PC - Windows 10.

Comment

I followed KN4XJ's instructions and everything works properly, with one exception. The contact was logged using UTC time and not local time. I could not find where to make the adjustment.

thanks for the Help and thanks HRD for the great update!

Rich, KR4PI

Comment

When logging a Contact from the N1MM Contest Log the Frequency displayed in HRD is wrong. A contact on 432.220 MHz is displayed in HRD as 43.220.000 and a Contact on 7.160 MHz is displayed as 716.000. I'm assuming I have an incorrect setting somewhere?
                  Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

WAB (Worked all Britain) Awards Front End Module to MySQL Database

Server - Raspberry Pi, Unix, Mysql server

Client - Windows 10 (64 bit), MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver (32 bit)

Comment

Installed 886 a bit ago. Followed the instructions here: "https://wiki.hamradiodeluxe.com/index.php?title=Logbook#QSO_Forwarding" for integration with WSJT-X. Made a few contacts on WSJT-X and when I clicked OK to log in WSJT-X the QSO info went directly to the HRD logbook, then to eQSL and QRZ.com. All looked good. The only thing I had to do manually was upload to LOTW. Thanks HRD. Great job! For information, W10 desktop with the most recent updates.

Comment

QSO Forwarding does not work on my main PC but does on a laptop and another OS.
                      Kaspersky Anti Virus is only installed on my main PC so that may have been the culprit.
                      I disabled it and that made no difference.
                      Checked for Windows updates and there was one available so I installed it. Nothing to lose!
                      Now QSO Forwarding is working!!.
                      It was Security Update KB4457128.
                      I cannot say for certain that that was the solution but it may be worth trying.
                      Your risk of course but hope it works for you.
                      John
                      PC - Windows 10.

Comment

As a reference, here are my QSO Forwarding settings. I am not using N1MM, just WSJT-X.

Comment

Originally posted by G4NVB View Post
                          When logging a Contact from the N1MM Contest Log the Frequency displayed in HRD is wrong. A contact on 432.220 MHz is displayed in HRD as 43.220.000 and a Contact on 7.160 MHz is displayed as 716.000. I'm assuming I have an incorrect setting somewhere?
                          Looking on the N1MM.groups.io it looks like a few others have the same problem.
                          Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Comment

There are few members of the N1MM Groups.io that are reporting an issue with the incorrect Frequency being saved in HRD. The following is an extract from HRD 6.4.0.886 "QSO Forwarding Configuration".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Select this option to forward new logbook entries to 3rd party programs using the UDP protocol. Only select it if the other logbook program you are using supports this option. The record is sent using multibyte (non-UNICODE) text. The new logbook entry is sent in N1MM XML format. An example of a record is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                            <contactinfo>
                            <contestname>CQWWSSB</contestname>
                            <contestnr>71</contestnr>
                            <timestamp>22-6-2008 7:04:00</timestamp>
                            <mycall>PA1M</mycall>
                            <band>14</band>
                            <rxfreq>1420100</rxfreq>
                            <txfreq>1420100</txfreq>
                            <operator>PA1M</operator>
                            <mode>USB</mode>
                            <call>K1TTT</call>
                            <countryprefix>K</countryprefix>
                            <wpxprefix>K1</wpxprefix>
                            <stationprefix>PA1M</stationprefix>
                            <continent>NA</continent>
                            <snt>59</snt>
                            <sntnr>233</sntnr>
                            <rcv>59</rcv>
                            <rcvnr>123</rcvnr>
                            <gridsquare></gridsquare>
                            <comment></comment>
                            <qth></qth>
                            <name></name>
                            <power></power>
                            <misctext></misctext>
                            <section>14</section>
                            <zone>5</zone>
                            <NetBiosName>CW-STATION</NetBiosName>
                            </contactinfo>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enter a Contact in N1MM Contest Log with UDP Set Up for QSO Forwarding to HRD (using the above Frequency as an example), the Frequency is saved as 14120.00 kHz. If you then take a look at the HRD Log Entry the Frequency is saved as 1.412.000 MHz.

Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Comment

This the URL for the Windows update I mentioned which could be the solution to the QF problem
                              https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...date-kb4457128
                              HTH
                              John
                              PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X