Winkeyer USB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winkeyer USB

Does the keyed port on the Winkeyer USB connect to the radios key jack?

Brad

Key1 or Key2 (depending on how your WinKeyer is programmed) goes to the straight key jack on your rig. Most modern rigs require a TRS plug with the the keying signal wired to the tip and sleeve.
    73, Charlie, K0LAF
    Last edited by k0laf; 09-02-18, 00:57.
    Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

I finally received the parts needed to install Winkeyer USB. I got the driver installed properly and the winkeyer scan shows me my port.

When I hit the "Test" button in the DM780 winkeyer screen, it echos properly on the DM780 screen showing "Test DE DM", keys the tramisiiter but does not send the proper characters as heard from the radio. The last charactor sent should be a "M" but it keys "R". All the other charahters are wrong as well. The side tone characters from the Winkeyer speaker are correct.

What have I missed?

Brad
      N6GR

Comment

Hi Brad,
        If you plug a straight key into the same jack on the radio, can you produce proper code? If so, is the cable from the WinKeyer wired the same as the straight key?

If you don't have a straight key, unplug the cable at the WinKeyer and use a screwdriver or wire to short the center pin to the shell of the cable connector and see if the radio produces the proper response. If you can produce proper code from the radio with either of these methods then the problem must be with the WinKeyer. In that case I would contact WinKeyer and ask for advice.

If you can't produce proper code from the radio then look into the configuration of the radio and or the wiring of the key jack.

What radio are you using?

Charlie, K0LAF
        Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

The IC7610 needed to be in straight key mode.

Brad

Comment

Glad you got it working Brad. I assume you plugged into the Elec-Key jack on the front of the 7610. You could also plug into the Key jack on the rear. The rear jack is for straight key only and is my perferred method since I don't like having the plug and wire sticking out the front of the radio. Hope I was of some help.
            73, Charlie, K0LAF
            Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Working...
            X