Logbook Shutdown Still with v6.4.0.876

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook Shutdown Still with v6.4.0.876

As with the previous 3 versions..... my logbook shutdown. I Opened RC, LB and DM like normal and had DM780 the active window.... started at 9:35 pm then around 10:03 the Logbook shutdown. I kind of hope this is still a known issue and not one that was supposed to be fixed with v876. I would be glad to have someone sign in to my pc and look at anything they need to to fix this.

EDIT --- I restarted the programs and this time the logbook shutdown in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by KA0EGE Jeff; 08-10-18, 03:31.

Originally posted by KA0EGE Jeff View Post
    Logbook shutdown. I kind of hope this is still a known issue and not one that was supposed to be fixed with v876.
    Link to HRD 6.4.0.876 Release Notes:-
    https://development.hamradiodeluxe.c...p?project_id=0
    Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

yep saw that.... =)
      That's why I said..... I kind of hope it's still a known issue but I have not heard anything from HRD for a while.

Comment

My install of v876 still has logbook shutdown issues as well. My last stable version was v794.

Comment

vs 876 still shuts down logbook after adding entry into logbook. Not every time but intermittently. Not using DM780 but CW only. It shuts down about 2 seconds after pressing the "Add F7" button I have had this problem with the all the last updates. Unfortunately I don't know which one was stable..... de ZL2AIM

Comment

I am running .794 and logbook does a" not responding" two or three times and hour....I would like to find a stable version also....Pete

Comment

Originally posted by w0lpf View Post
              I am running .794 and logbook does a" not responding" two or three times and hour....I would like to find a stable version also....Pete
              W0lpf, I'm surprised you're having this problem with .794. That's the latest version that has been stable for me.

Comment

Tim from HRD support connected to my PC and removed many of the old files left behind from old versions as well as removing some old keys from my registry. He was confident this was the issue causing my Logbook shutdown, but no, the the problem persists and actually may be worse than before. When I try to use DM780 for PSK31, the Logbook disappears quickly. I am convinced there is an issue between DM780, perhaps via the ALE window, and the Logbook. Now I can't remember how to get HRD to look up contacts in the ALE window with my QRZ account. During the process of working with the Logbook Tim had to essentially reload my Logbook, which apparently dumped all of my settings; so I am having to figure out how to find all those little tweaks I have added over the years. I appreciate the time Tim took to work on my issues, just wish it had fixed my logbook issue. I am running version 876, but this problem has been with me for the last few versions and two separate radios.
                Dennis WA5LXS

Comment

Originally posted by KE0CU View Post

W0lpf, I'm surprised you're having this problem with .794. That's the latest version that has been stable for me.
                  .794 ran perfect for a couple months then logbook started crashing,I just worked the first hour of CWoPs and had to restart three times,it is becoming annoying....Pete

Comment

NOW..... while running DM780 and logbook up..... the QUICK LOG on the DM780 does not refresh with previously logged calls when I put in the Add Lod window,,,,, like it has done for years.

Comment

Have had the same problems with the v876 as Jeff, KA0EGE described. Since I am using the latest version on a freshly installed Win 10 Pro, it can't be a problem with old file residues or old entries in the registry. My guess, maybe the QRZ.com lookup is to blame. I took part in the RDA contest in CW this weekend and saw that the QRZ Lookup hung several times or hung in an endless loop. Every time that happened, the logbook shutdown. After a restart of the logbook everything worked again, but it is extremely annoying.

Comment

Yes ...same here. Also DM780 is shutting down time to time.

Comment

Installed 876 and had four logbook failures with dumps within 10 minutes. After that it worked without issue for two days, now it's back to failing at startup. Submitted ticket and getting ready to uninstall and return to 787.

Comment

FWIW. After initial install of 876, I had numerous crashes at startup or after running for a short period of time. The next day, I was going to roll back to 794 which has been very stable and solid roll back for me. But, as things would have it, 6m was wide open that day, so I started playing around forgetting that HRD LB was crash prone. Well, it's been almost 3 weeks now and I don't remember a single crash in that time frame. It will probably be crashed when I go back to it now, just to bite me in the rear.
                            --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
                            2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
                            Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
                            ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
                            Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
                            M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
                            Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
                            Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
                            Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
                            MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
                            Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
                            Retired July 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by WB5JJJ View Post
                              ... Well, it's been almost 3 weeks now and I don't remember a single crash in that time frame. It will probably be crashed when I go back to it now, just to bite me in the rear.
                              You are a lot more courageous than I am just making the comment!

Comment

Working...
                              X