This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to log with version .846

Today I tried to log a qso with jtalert and also directly with ALE from within HRD I could not log this callsign SP2CHY either way. I received and error with jtalert and a error direct see attachments.
    The error on direct logging stated something wrong in the address column so I edited out what qrz had placed into the address and then it would log normally.However it does not seem that this should be occurring no matter what is in this column. As a user I nor anyone can control what another individual is going to insert in qrz as his address or any other part of qrz that is used as data in HRD. If it is not accepted just discard it. What is this going to do during a contest to someone trying to log a contact.
    Thanks 73 Morris WA4MIT logfail.JPG

You are not alone. A friend called me when he could not log him either. He wrote down the info, so I'll get with him later to correct the entry and log it properly.
    --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
    2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
    Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
    ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
    ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
    Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
    M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
    Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
    Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
    Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
    MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
    Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
    Retired July 2011.

Comment

I get the same problem with LY2BMX so have brought it to the attention of the programmers.
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Using HRD v6.4.0.787 I am able to log SP2CHY and LY2BMX without any issues.
        Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

That says a lot about the updates when an older version will work better than the newest. I am a long time subscriber to HRD but with the missing QTH data and now this along with the DM issues I am disappointed in the response to these issues it seems with each release there are new problems. Maybe you guys need more beta testers before you release new versions.
          Disappointed in Alabama de WA4MIT Morris

Comment

Originally posted by WA4MIT View Post
            That says a lot about the updates when an older version will work better than the newest. I am a long time subscriber to HRD but with the missing QTH data and now this along with the DM issues I am disappointed in the response to these issues it seems with each release there are new problems.
            There are several outstanding Logbook issues (e.g. Mantis 2639, Mantis 2716) hence my reluctance to install a newer version.
            Last edited by G4NVB; 07-16-18, 16:50.
            Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Those who are having problems are probably using MySQL databases. I do not have the problem using an Access db.
              However, the problem is being looked into.
              The missing QTH data problem has been fixed and will be in a new release soon.
              PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Yes I do use Maria database I also have a blank Access db. With over 31K entries the maria db runs faster than access.

Comment

Yes I do use Maria database I also have a blank Access db. With over 31K entries the maria db runs faster than access.
                  Can you enter SP2CHY into your access db and see if you still have the problem?
                  PC - Windows 10.

Comment

If I ask ALE to lookup either SP2CHY or LY2BMX before hitting save then it will not save either callsign both show the adr column error. I have a blank access db and it will save these callsigns to this db. My main DB is Maria db mysql HRD version .846 I have over 31K of log entries and I do not recall ever seeing this happen trying to enter a callsign before.
                    Morris wa4mit
                    Last edited by WA4MIT; 07-17-18, 00:31.

Comment

If I ask ALE to lookup either SP2CHY or LY2BMX before hitting save then it will not save either callsign both show the adr column error. I have a blank access db and it will save these callsigns to this db. My main DB is Maria db mysql HRD version .846 I have over 31K of log entries and I do not recall ever seeing this happen trying to enter a callsign before.
                      Morris wa4mit
                      Just tried using HRD v6.4.0.787 and LookUp (Access or MySQL); I am able to log SP2CHY and LY2BMX without any issues.
                      Last edited by G4NVB; 07-17-18, 06:36.
                      Regards,

David G4NVB

Comment

Hi David
                        I have passed on your information and the programmers need to know
                        "What strings come back for the QTH and address in 787? (Also need to know MySQL and MySQL ODBC driver versions for that user.)"
                        Thank you
                        John
                        PC - Windows 10.

Comment

HRD .846 MARIA DB 32bit MYSQL ODBC 5.3 UNICODE DRIVER

wa4mit Morris

Comment

Thank you Morris. Do you know which version you have of Maria DB please?
                            Thank you.
                            John
                            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

In the programs it shows Maria DB 10.0. I went to the Maria web site and noticed they have new versions up to 10.3.8 should I download these and install the newer version. Thanks
                              Last edited by WA4MIT; 07-18-18, 12:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X