Deleting Invalid "LOTW Received Date" From Log Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Invalid "LOTW Received Date" From Log Entry

I was fortunate enough to have worked Baker Isl (KH1) this last week 10 times on 5 bands. 4 of those contacts were on FT8. Each time the FT8 contacts were logged into HRD by having JTAlerts pushing them into the logbook, I then went into HRD Logbook to manually add the KH1 prefix after each contact was made (so this occurred 4 times across different days). After the prefix was added and the update button was pressed, the KH1 prefix was added and ALSO a "LOTW Received Date" was added! This date was always the day before the contact was made, though the time was never the same. Now these contacts had not been uploaded to LOTW, and they occurred immediately after the only change I made to the log entry was to update the prefix. While I appreciate HRD having the confidence in me that they were good contacts (they do show up in Clublog!), this is obviously a glich somewhere. Anybody else experience this! So my question is, is there a way to manually delete the "LOTW Received Date" entry? (other then the obvious way of deleting the contact, and re-entering it correctly the first time without updating it) or is this a bug that needs to be reported? I have uploaded them now, and don't want to dork those up.
    I'm running the following software: Windows 8.1, DDUtil 3.2.6 (acting as the front end server for HRD because I'm running a Flex 6400), HRD 6.4.0.794, WSJT-X 1.9.1 and JTAlerts 2.10.7.

Thanks in advance.

Pete KE7W

Originally posted by KC3AZX View Post
    So my question is, is there a way to manually delete the "LOTW Received Date" entry? (other then the obvious way of deleting the contact, and re-entering it correctly the first time without updating it) or is this a bug that needs to be reported?
    To "Modify" the "LOTW Received Date" double click on the Entry in your Logbook to open up "Modify". Click on "LOTW" Tab where you can modify the LOTW Sent / Received Date; just change Sent/Rcvd to "No".

Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Home Brew WAB Awards Front End Module to MySQL Database

Comment

Pete, if you had put KH1/KH7Z in the DX call box and clicked Generate Std Messages, WSJT-x and JTAlert would properly log your QSO in HRD LB with the KH1/KH7Z call sign when you completed your contact with them. At least it did mine 100% correct. It also automatically uploaded to eQSL, QRZ, ClubLog and HRDLog.net exactly the same. When I uploaded manually to LoTW, it too was correctly uploaded. No editing of any DXP entries was required. But then again I double-clicked on the KH1 when I copied him and that populated the information automatically in WSJT-x to start the whole process. I was using 794, 1.9.1 and 2.12.2 for the event. I saw no such date change during my uploads. It really doesn't matter as to the date you uploaded to LoTW, just the date/time of the connect is all that counts.
      Last edited by WB5JJJ; 07-06-18, 12:43.
      --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
      2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
      Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
      ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
      ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
      ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
      Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
      M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
      Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
      Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
      Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
      MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
      Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
      Retired July 2011.

Comment

OK Pete. I did some more checking and here's what I found. When you upload to LoTW, it uses the current COMPUTER date and time, not UTC or GMT time of your logged QSO, unless you live on the 0 Hour line in England. So, if your contact was between 0000 and 0600 (for me) UTC and you uploaded your log to LoTW immediately after, it WOULD show it was uploaded a day before the contact happened since you have not crossed the magic 0000 time line as of yet to change your local date. Hope this makes sense. There is no need to update your LoTW info in HRD LB as it IS correctly entered. We operate from different date/times in Ham Radio all across the world, so UTC (or GMT) is our standard for logging. Imagine how LoTW and others would have to calculate every entry to see if the time between you and Baker Island were the same if everything was done in local times. Especially where some crazy time zones are offset by 15 or 30 minutes not 60.
        Last edited by WB5JJJ; 07-06-18, 14:25.
        --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
        2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
        Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
        ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
        ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
        ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
        Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
        M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
        Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
        Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
        Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
        MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
        Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
        Retired July 2011.

Comment

Dave-Thanks, that did the trick. Of course now in the logbook it shows those FT8 contacts not being uploaded also. When I switch it back to yes then a date is always present. So I verified again that those contacts were indeed in LOTW and if/when they get confirmed I can switch it back to yes and enter the correct date. Surprisingly even though they showed up as confirmed in the HRD Logbook, they did not show up at all when using the awards tab, so I think its a glitch/bug going on when modifying a contact in the logbook. George- Thanks also. I wasn't loading his callsign in the callbox, I was waiting for him to call CQ (which wasn't often, he was busy!) I was waiting for him to respond to callers, then clicking on his call to load it in WSJT and looking for a clear spot above 1000. What I should have done is after I got the RR73 and the WSJT popup with the QSO info, edit it then,add the prefix and have JTAlerts push it into the logbook. You would have thought after doing it twice I would have remembered, but getting caught up with the chase I did it 4 times! I probably didn't articulate it well in my post (it was late), the issue wasn't that incorrect times were being posted in LOTW, but that HRD logbook was showing those contacts as being confirmed already, immediately after I modified the logbook entry, even before I uploaded them to LOTW, and of course KH1 hadn't uploaded anything into LOTW yet. Thanks again for the replys. Pete KE7W

Comment

Working...
          X