Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your Logbook shuts down as discussed above this is the way you can help the developers.

The Windows Application Log is a log that windows keeps of things that happen while Windows is running. If an application crashes, Windows (usually) makes a note of it in the application log.
    You can reach the application log with these steps:

1) Use the Start menu to run the "Event viewer" application. The Event Viewer application comes with Windows.
    2) In the Event Viewer application, expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left side of the screen
    3) Select the "Application" log there. Double-click it.
    4) The right-hand side of the window will show the entries in the Application event log.

In the list of entries, you should be able to find an entry about the application crashing. The details in that event will be helpful in diagnosing what's going wrong on your system. You'll note that the entries are (by default) sorted by time, so it shouldn't be too hard to find the entries made around the time you last had the application crash.

If you can post the log here as Paul, NC9W has that will be great.
    Thanks and 73
    John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I found that I had MS Office 2010 on my PC.... deleted it, made sure I had runtime 2007 and issue is STILL here. Today the logbook shutdown 2 minutes after start up. As soon as I clicked on something in DM780. Hopeful there is a fix SOON.

Comment

APPCRASH
        Not available
        HRDLogbook.exe
        5b267f2a
        StackHash_9b28
        cfe5bd82
        c0000374
        PCH_EE_FROM_ntdll+0x0006A7BC

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE 1C.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2 B3A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2 ED5.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2 ED5.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2 F15.tmp.txt
        C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive \AppCrash_HRDLogbook.exe_ed8e27d608da7f1b79a49a0a3 47171723fdf65d_97648476_10943953

c85ef656-34a4-4949-9c23-4c4a3fe09852
        4c6d4273131367d1dc51dbcb4d72f358

Comment

400+ views..... tells me this is an issue HRD if looking at for next release ?? I hope ???

Comment

The problem is being worked on.
            John
            Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
            PC - Windows 10.
            Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

I've been watching this thread daily myself. I'm having the same issue. It's understandable that bugs happen. And often they are very difficult to nail down. It would be great to have a little more feedback on the issue however. It's obviously a common issue. Speaking for myself, I love the program, and will keep it. Just maybe some feedback to customers would be great. As it is right now, it makes DM780 and the Log book unusable together. I've had to close down the log book in the middle of qso's several times.
              Last edited by KI4ODO; 07-11-18, 17:35.

Comment

Maybe boring but same problem here.
                I work with WIN7 on 2 laptops and a desktop. (latest HRD version)

The problem occurs on both laptops but the logbook works fine on my Desktop.
                Been looking into my CPU load and memmory resources but they are fine.

The logbook stops working and makes DM780 freeze as well.
                As soon as I close the logbook DM780 starts working again.
                Then I can start the logbook again, and it will work again for 5 minutes.

This started 2 releases ago

Comment

I am having similar problems here with Logbook v6.4.0.846. After a short time, Logbook stops responding. However, strangely enough, if I restart Rig Control, then Logbook 'recovers' and will work for a while, then the same problem reoccurs. I have opened a Support Ticket and have be told that this is a bug in the software and that I should wait until it is fixed by the Developers.

I'm going to revert to v6.4.0.797 or v6.4.0.794 and see if either of these two past releases is more stable. I'm pretty much dead in the water with v6.4.0.846 and I want to play radio!!
                  sigpic
                  Question authority.
                  Subvert The Thought Police.
                  Protect Your 1st Amendment Rights.
                  Member: http://www.eff.org/

Comment

Originally posted by K6MKF View Post
                    I am having similar problems here with Logbook v6.4.0.846. After a short time, Logbook stops responding. However, strangely enough, if I restart Rig Control, then Logbook 'recovers' and will work for a while, then the same problem reoccurs. I have opened a Support Ticket and have be told that this is a bug in the software and that I should wait until it is fixed by the Developers.

I'm going to revert to v6.4.0.797 or v6.4.0.794 and see if either of these two past releases is more stable. I'm pretty much dead in the water with v6.4.0.846 and I want to play radio!!
                    Same here... wish I had an older version. Lesson learned.. going to start saving them for back up !! Hopefully it's fixed asap..... would love to do some psk this weekend !!

Comment

need my key fresh install of windows maybe this will work....how to i go about this???/

Comment

Any word yet on a possible bug fix? At least something that will make the software usable with DM780?

Comment

I see a new version has been posted... hopefully this issue is fixed !! v6.4.0.873

Comment

NO .... same with the currend version 873.
                            Logbook shuts down by itself and few seconds later also DM780!

Comment

Running version .873 and the logbook shuts down with a minidump. I had no issues with previous versions .846 and earlier. Event_ID 1000, see attached file.
                              Moved back to version .846 and no issues.
                              73 Fred
                              Event_ID_1000.txt
                              73, Fred - PA0FVH
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Setup: Windows 10 (64-bit) i7 8Gb, IC-7600, microHAM DK II

Comment

Installed ver .873 logbook closes when connecting to DXspider cluster. Ok when connecting to CCcluster.

Charlie, K0LAF
                                Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Working...
                                X