• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logbook shut down by itself

running the newest and the logbook just shuts down by itself

Originally posted by N2RON View Post
    I had this happen on first use of the latest HRD when I started DM780. Many closures! I rebooted the PC and all was well after that. Just logged 36 QSOs on various modes without problem.
    Regards, Antony G4CUS

TS990 - Quadra
    Signalink-usb - RS232 to usb adapter - http://www.easysync-ltd.com
    Windows 10 AMD A8-5500 APU 3.20GHz 64-bit 10GB RAM
    HRD 6.4.0.902 (Maria Db) - W4ELP LOOKUP - WSJT-X - JTALERTX - QSORELAY

Comment

Originally posted by N2RON View Post
      I am having the same problem. After years of trouble free use, all versions after .794 cause my logbook to close unexpectedly at some arbitrary time of use. I've written a ticket and I hope HRD can fix it!

Hank/ke0cu

Comment

Same problem here. I have been using .787 since last fall with no problems. I updated to .840 shortly after it came out. Now, randomly when I'm using DM780, the logbook hangs and crashes. I can reopen the logbook and all is well, but it disconcerting to say the least. And it only happens with DM780. I can run JTAlertX and WSJT-X all day long with rig control and logbook open, and it is perfectly stable.

I've considered updating to the new version, but it seems like the same issue is there.

Greg
        WB7DUO

Comment

Tested the .846 and with the DM870 the Logbook closes unexpectedly.
          I'm tired of wasting time trying the new versions.
          After a lot of work I managed to reissue the .794 and I will continue like this.

O.S. Windows 10 Pro

TOSHIBA Personal Computer

Procesador Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.500GHz 2.50GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64

Humberto EA2HA

HRD v5.24.0.36
          Windows Vista 4GB RAM
          microKeyer 2 Radios plus (MK2R+)
          TS-2000 y TS-440S
          EA2HA Humberto

Comment

No problem here with DM780 closing the logbook. I have run both for hours with no problems.
            John
            Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
            PC - Windows 10.
            Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Well I hate to pile on but "me too". I have rebooted several times over the past few days and just now have reloaded 846. Mine too seems associated with having DM780 open. Before this version I have had no issues.
              PC W10, 16GB ram, core i3 6100.
              Last edited by W0KRD; 06-23-18, 21:50.

Comment

Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook Application

Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notified you if a solution is

available.

HRD Logbook v6.4.0.840

Release 6.4.0.840
                This has been failing from day one, of upgrade, I am using DM780 only , fails all day long, have to restart the log program, Any Ideas?.

also getting a few of these:
                Digital Master encountered a problem, A minidump was written

to

C:\ProgramData\HRDLLC\DigitalMaster _201862631335.mdmp

Digital master will close.

Last edited by wd9dui; 06-27-18, 00:21.

Comment

I am having the same issue. Running Win10 and HRD version 846. The logbook just goes away, no warning, no error message. For me it seems to usually occur when I have DM780 running. I use DM780 for CW receive. I've also noticed the Logbook dying whenever I try to open an ALE window from the DX cluster to make it easy to enter a call I worked on CW. I think this logbook issue is related to DM780 and entering a call to log.

I called the support folks for another issue several days ago, but no answer yet on that topic. Guess I may have to ask about this logbook issue.

Dennis WA5LXS

Comment

Same issue for me. Just purchased HRD and it's be nothing but trouble so far. Constant crashing...causing me to have to reboot my laptop. So far, because of that the program is un useable. I'm thinking of getting a refund and calling it a day.

Comment

My problem was with the windows 10 screen saver/sleep mode controls. All is well after turning them all off.

Comment

I am having the same problem with HRDLogbook shutting down without warning. Not sure if this will be helpful, but this is the grab from the Event log:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                        - <System>
                        <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                        <Level>2</Level>
                        <Task>100</Task>
                        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-02T01:25:22.154995200Z" />
                        <EventRecordID>7023</EventRecordID>
                        <Channel>Application</Channel>
                        <Computer>Paul</Computer>
                        <Security />
                        </System>
                        - <EventData>
                        <Data>HRDLogbook.exe</Data>
                        <Data>6.4.0.846</Data>
                        <Data>5b267f2a</Data>
                        <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
                        <Data>10.0.17134.112</Data>
                        <Data>cfe5bd82</Data>
                        <Data>c0000374</Data>
                        <Data>000d8879</Data>
                        <Data>3964</Data>
                        <Data>01d411a35b8189bf</Data>
                        <Data>C:\PROGRA~2\HRDSOF~1\HAMRAD~1\HRDLogbook.exe </Data>
                        <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
                        <Data>b1b7621e-2619-417a-b92a-e75b770c2ff9</Data>
                        <Data />
                        <Data />
                        </EventData>
                        </Event>

Hope this is helpful to the HRD staff.

Paul (NC9W)

Comment

My log is shutting down also... but only after i start DM780. I can run just rig control and logbook all day with no issues. About 5 minutes after I start sm780 the log shuts down and goes away.

Comment

For the most part, I've found several issues with releases after 794 as well. I've tried them all and end up back on 794. Some 8xx releases will run for several days without issue and then crash, other times, crash on boot up. I have NOT run DM780 for several months, so that is not in the equation for me. It appears to be the connection between LB and DX Cluster that is causing the crash. Been working with support and even had a couple of "Betas" sent to me with the same problems. Only problem with 794 is the Rotor Control so I have to use 780 for it to be completely stable. But I think this has been corrected, but I forget to save out the latest rotor executable before I roll back my installation. If they have me try another Beta, I will save the rotor and try it with 794 for stability.
                            --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
                            2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
                            Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
                            ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
                            ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
                            Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
                            M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
                            Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
                            Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
                            Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
                            MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
                            Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
                            Retired July 2011.

Comment

Same problem here with W10 and HRD 6.4.0.843

First time i have this problem : .843 starting an other new bug :-(((((

Comment

Working...
                              X