No announcement yet.

Wins 10 update 1803 I get the error "Soundcard I/O failed at 48khz and 8 khz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wins 10 update 1803 I get the error "Soundcard I/O failed at 48khz and 8 khz

After the latest Windows 10 update 1803, I the get the error "Error opening Microphone (USB Audio Codec) Soundcard I/O failed at 48khz and 8 khz, giving up." when starting HRD. When checking the properties I get the following line. " Device USB\VID_08BB&PID_2904&MI_00\6&365b9b98&0&0000 requires further installation." Also my JT65 program won't even open

Update

I went back to the previous version and all was good again. I checked the signellink page and there is a reference to this issue with some instructions. When I do go back to the 1803 update, I'll give them a try but I'm going to hold off for a bit before doing the update again

Last edited by sckeith; 06-13-18, 03:20.

I have the very same failure using the Yaesu SCU-17. How did you revert back to an older Win 10 version.
    Did you try the fix and did it work? I have been tearing out my hair trying to fix this. I even got a new SCU-17 and it failed the same way.
    HELP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by n6dbf View Post
      I have the very same failure using the Yaesu SCU-17. How did you revert back to an older Win 10 version.
      Did you try the fix and did it work? I have been tearing out my hair trying to fix this. I even got a new SCU-17 and it failed the same way.
      HELP!!!
      By now I suspect you have this worked out - but just in case...

How to uninstall Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803)
      1. Open Settings.
      2. Click on Update & Security.
      3. Click on Recovery.
      4. Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
      5. Select an answer why you're going back.
      6. Click the Next button.
      7. Click the No, thanks button.
      Here is the article for the Signalink and Windows 1803 http://www.tigertronics.com/slusbts....Version%201803 It's just a couple settings to enable the mic.

Try making Win10 1803 work first, otherwise you will always be fighting with automatic updates in Windows. This change by MS, although frustrating, is a good change for privacy and cyber security reasons.
      73 K8HIT Dave

Comment

Thank you for posting this solution. I was going nuts trying to figure out this issue! Great forum as usual
        73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Comment

Working...
        X