Cannot get HRD to receive N1MM contact broadcasts to logbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get HRD to receive N1MM contact broadcasts to logbook

I prefer to use N1MM+ for my CW contesting and weekly CWT. At HamCom here in Texas, Mike of HRD, mentioned that HRD could accept N1MM contacts directly to the log using the QSO Forwarding in HRD and the Broadcast Data in N1MM. This is much better than exporting ADIF in N1MM and importing the file into HRD. However I CAN'T GET THIS to WORK! What am I missing?

I have HRD QSO Forwarding set to receive logbook changes using UDP (from N1MM) and checked the fill in and lookup missing check boxes. Left it set to port 12060. In N1MM+ I selected the Broadcast Data tab and checked only the contacts check box. Also set the port to 127.0.0.1:12060. I also tried checking the other boxes, but that does not seem to help. I just want the contact information to appear in my HRD logbook as they are entered into the N1MM+ log.

Per Mike, I only launch HRD logbook, not the rig control or DM780. Logbook complains that no IP server is running, but Mike said this was OK. (I can't let the rig control run as it causes a COM port conflict with N1MM). As I enter new contacts into N1MM my expectation is that they will populate my HRD logbook, but they don't. Nothing seems to happen. Am I missing a step?

Thanks,
    Dennis WA5LXS

Hello Dennis,

I've been looking for information on using N1MM+ and HRD Broadcasts and have drawn a blank. The only thread I could find on here is https://forums.hamradiodeluxe.com/node/40114 which suggests "Support has advised that the current publish API for 3rd party logging is obsolete and no longer supported." The thread was posted in November 2016 so may be out of date information.
    Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

WAB (Worked all Britain) Awards Front End Module to MySQL Database

Server - Raspberry Pi, Unix, Mysql server

Client - Windows 10 (64 bit), MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver (32 bit)

Comment

Thanks David,

One of the co-owners, Mike WA9PIE, was the speaker last weekend here in Dallas and mentioned this feature. I again asked him in person and he explained how this should be set up in HRD and N1MM. I even upgraded the current HRD release 843 as well as the current N1MM. This is described in both programs online instructions. So it should work, but I can't seem to find the magic settings to make it fly. Guess I may have to call them for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennylxs View Post
        Thanks David,

One of the co-owners, Mike WA9PIE, was the speaker last weekend here in Dallas and mentioned this feature. I again asked him in person and he explained how this should be set up in HRD and N1MM. I even upgraded the current HRD release 843 as well as the current N1MM. This is described in both programs online instructions. So it should work, but I can't seem to find the magic settings to make it fly. Guess I may have to call them for help.
        Hello Dennis,

Please report back with your progress, I'd like to see this option working.
        Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Comment

Hi

Would be interested in seing what the solutions is, like you have been unable to get N1MM into HRD. gone back to manual imprt of ADI

cheers Jacques
          Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.2)
          Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
          Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
          Canon Printer and QL700
          PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
          Radio Software : Win4Icomsuite 1.1.8.4 with HRD ver 6.4.886 Logbook - N1MM - MTTY - WSJT-X - 1.9.1 - JTAlert 2.12.5
          Memberships: REF - ARRL.
          DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital. - JT65 - RTTY
          WAS : Digital.

Comment

Reading this thread https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...ogbook.528256/ seems to suggest that linking N1MM and HRD via UDP is not possible. The thread was posted in July 2016 so may be out of date information.
            Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Comment

Thanks David I had seen that but since ther was recent talk on this I thought it may have come around again.
              Perhaps you could be so kind as help me out I avae also mysql data base and trying out WIN4Icomsuite but to get it to log in cw I cannot for the life of me find the path to the sql logbook in HRD

Cheers Jacques
              Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.2)
              Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
              Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
              Canon Printer and QL700
              PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
              Radio Software : Win4Icomsuite 1.1.8.4 with HRD ver 6.4.886 Logbook - N1MM - MTTY - WSJT-X - 1.9.1 - JTAlert 2.12.5
              Memberships: REF - ARRL.
              DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital. - JT65 - RTTY
              WAS : Digital.

Comment

Originally posted by F1VEV View Post
                Thanks David I had seen that but since ther was recent talk on this I thought it may have come around again.
                Perhaps you could be so kind as help me out I avae also mysql data base and trying out WIN4Icomsuite but to get it to log in cw I cannot for the life of me find the path to the sql logbook in HRD

Cheers Jacques
                Hello Jacques,

Have you followed the Set Up Procedure as per this link? https://icom.va2fsq.com/hrdintegration/

Maybe we should continue via PM or email so has not to interrupt this thread?
                Regards,

David G4NVB

HRD with MySQL Database

Comment

Working...
                X