How to Manually Log FT8 QSO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Manually Log FT8 QSO?

I'm using the latest HRD Logbook with the latest WSJT-X, JTAlerts and QSO Relay to log FT8 QSOs. One recent QSO did not log but is in the WSJT-X ALL.txt log file and on HAMSpots as well - some glitch in JTAlerts 2.11.1 fixed in 2.11.2 just today. All other FT8 QSOs logged fine - just the 50th state for my WAS!

I'm trying to manually add the QSO and figured to tune to the correct frequency of the QSO and click the Add button, fill in the details and such, but the Mode is greyed out as AM even though my Elecraft K3S is in TX Data mode as required for digital like WSPR, JT65, FT8, etc - how do I change that to Mode FT8? Thanks for the help!

BRET/N4SRN

WSJT-X created file wsjtx_log.adi (%LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X). HRDlog ->File->Import->ADI. Radio button "duplicates ignore". Select this file and save to DB. All QSO record WSJT-X carry to HRDLog.

Uncheck checkbox Track (mode) in dialog ADD QSO and select in manually mode FT8.

Comment

Bret -
      Just an FYI, but with the latest HRD, WSJT-X and JTAlert, it is not necessary to use QSO Relay.
      That being said, there have been logging failures noted across several logbook with the latest two releases o JTAlert.
      Supposedly, a fix for that will come out today for JTAlert. There is a beta version available for testing.
      73, Jim - N4ST
      __________________________________________________ __
      3GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB, Win10 64-bit, TASCAM US-322, FTDI, Ten-Tec Omni VII, HRD 6.2.3.410

Comment

Bret make sure you are using the latest release of JTAlert once so then you need to configure JTAlert to log to HRD this is in settings, logging, HRD V5/V6 set up here to match your logbook name and this will auto add each qso to your HRD logbook. There are settings in wsjtx/jtdx to query you to log qso you need to check those also. And there are manuals for these softwares that
        helpful info in them. Good luck 73 Morris wa4mit

Comment

I understand the question to change the mode manually and it looks like that was covered. But beyond that...

We now have many who are logging directly into Logbook (without QSO Relay) using the "QSO Forwarding" function in Logbook. This enables JTAlert and/or WSJT-X to automatically populate the QSOs into Logbook (no manual work needed).

Mike, WA9PIE
          Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
          Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
          Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
          9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
          Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
          [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
          CW Honor Roll (289)
          SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
          Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
          Mixed Honor Roll (176)
          CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
          Mixed Honor Roll (953)
          CW (562)
          SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
          Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
          Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
          Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

Originally posted by wa9pie View Post
            I understand the question to change the mode manually and it looks like that was covered. But beyond that...

We now have many who are logging directly into Logbook (without QSO Relay) using the "QSO Forwarding" function in Logbook. This enables JTAlert and/or WSJT-X to automatically populate the QSOs into Logbook (no manual work needed).

Mike, WA9PIE
            Hi Mike,

Is there any instruction on how to enable that?

BRET

Comment

Working...
            X