Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk mode for dx friends etc

Hi good evening
    I was speaking with an old friend this evening and said he as not heard me on the band ??
    I have lots of local friends and family on the radio we seem to rely on txt msg or phone calls to say where we are or what dx we are working .
    in the olden days on turbolog im sure we had a talk function ?
    not sure if its an hrd or the cluster function ?
    I can send ctrl T in the console but nobody sees it in the spot mode ???
    any thoughts ??
    Steve
    G0TYS

Just one ... What the hay are you talking about ???
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.840
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v1.9.0-RC4, JTAlertX v2.10.17, HRDv6.4.0.840

Comment

W3RJW, if you have nothing sensible to say or to add, then say nothing at all?

Steve, I think what you may be referring to is the message facility through Packet Cluster when we used to run it through 2m with Tiny 2 etc. Think this facility is still available through DX Cluster but you may be correct in that unless you are in console view in HRD, any messages to you will not be instantly viewable. I agree with you it would be nice to have such a facility in HRD though.

Go steady son

Jerry G0UII
      Last edited by g0uii; 05-15-18, 20:21.
      Jerry, G0UII

ASUS Sabertooth FX990 R2.0
      ​AMD FX8350 4.0GHz
      16GB RAM
      AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB Graphics
      MS Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, (Latest Version Update)
      MS Office 365, 32bit, (Latest Version Update)

2 x Yaesu FTDX5000MP's to HRD via 2 x Microham MK II USB Interface's, (Microham Router Software USB Driver / Eltima Virtual Serial Ports)

Yaesu FT-991 to HRD via USB, (Yaesu SCU-17 USB Driver / Silicon Labs Virtual Serial Ports)

HRD Version: 6.4.0.840 (MS Access Database)

Comment

Working...
      X