Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC-7610 Settings

Hi All,

I'm unable to get FSK to work on my new IC7610. I have rig control functioning just fine. DM780 works ok in AFSK and PSK modes (radio set to USB-D1) but when I switch DM780 to RTTY-45 (FSK) and I switch the radio to RTTY mode it all goes a 'bit odd'..... PTT works and the radio goes into transmit, I hear the carrier but there are no 'diddles'. If I then type a few RY's they do transmit - but slowly(!) after they have been sent the radio does 'diddle' but more slowly than it should.

I've followed a number of set-up guides (all of which seem to differ slightly) such as K0PIR's and LamComms videos on YouTube but still to no avail. Between DM780 and the IC7610 there are dozens (hundreds?) of variables. This is, of course, assuming that DM780/FSK does work on the IC7610 without any interface unit and using just the one USB cable (providing 2 com ports - 1 for CAT and one for FSK keying??)

So, my question is: Has anyone got the latest (HRD/DM780 v6.4.0.806) working on an IC7610 (f/w 1.06) in FSK mode please? If so, would you mind sharing your settings with me?

btw: I'm using the latest version of Windows 10, 64bit with 16GB of RAM

Best Wishes and 73.....
    Jeff, G0WSA

Hi Jeff
    I have a 7610 and it works fine with FSK RTTY.
    These are my settings in Device Manager and DM780
    Capture1.JPG
    Com 15 is used for FSK and 13 for Rig Control.
    Capture2.JPG
    Capture3.JPG

In the 7610 menu. USB Keying (RTTY) is USB1(B) DTR where USB1(B) is Com port 15.
    I am only using one USB cable with Windows 10, 64bit Home. HRD v806
    Please let me know if you need more info.
    John
    Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
    PC - Windows 10.
    Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for that info, it's exactly the same as mine (other than the port numbering hi) and I still have no luck. When I switch to transmit in DM780 the rig keys up fine, sits on a mark (maybe space?) for 7 or so seconds before it begins to diddle. The diddles aren't always uniformly spaced either. Sending a string of RY's is sometimes a bit random too.
      It all sounds really strange I admit, I've a feeling that I might have to reset the radio, reinstall the drivers, clean reinstall HRD/DM780 and see if that sorts it.
      Everything is fine in AFSK .....

73, Jeff G0WSA

Comment

Sorry those settings did not help. I don't think there is a need to reinstall HRD as you have those settings correct. It is a menu setting in the 7610 for sure.
        However you might also try this. In Device Manager go to the Ports (COM & LPT) tab and right click on the COM ports. Then Port settings/Advanced. Uncheck "Use FIFO buffers" in both.
        That may help. Also, on the Power Management tab uncheck "Allow the computer ..." Clutching at straws but worth a try.
        John
        Last edited by G3UCQ; 05-02-18, 06:25.
        PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Hi John,

I tried the further suggestions you made - with no luck I'm afraid. I even removed the USB drivers and reinstalled but it's still the same. I'll try a few more things tomorrow but think I'll end up submitting a ticket to HRD support to see if they can help.
          Thanks very much for persevering with me tho .....

btw, we have a connection (Cyprus) I spent many happy years there operating as ZC4JP from the WSBA in Episkopi - Small world hi hi.

73 again,
          Jeff G0WSA

Comment

Hi Jeff
            I can send you my 7610 settings file if you wish. That may solve the problem.
            Yes we have something in common re Cyprus. I operated at ZC4TJ at Episkopi before getting my own call, 5B4JF in 1964.
            Arrived in Cyprus July '62 and left Feb. '65. Enjoyed it immensely. I was living in Limassol with my wife but worked at Episkopi in the ARIC.
            John
            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Thank you very much John, I've responded by PM
              73, Jeff G0WSA

Comment

So, John G3UCQ very kindly shared his 7610 settings with me but I still cannot get FSK working. Just to recap. HRD & DM780 settings all seem fine (and tally with John's) but when I switch the radio to RTTY mode and DM780 to RTTY-45 (FSK) and press send, the radio goes to transmit, but I just get a constant mark (or space?) for approx 7 secs before the signal begins to 'diddle' If I then switch back to receive and then transmit again the same happens but the diddling appears after a second or two (and the diddles are certainly slower than if I use AFSK)

Given that my HRD and DM780 settings tie with John's and my radio now has the same settings as John I can only assume it's an operating system or port issue. I've already removed and reinstalled the Icom drivers so I guess it's back to the drawing board. Next step is to log a ticket with the HRD support guys and see what happens. I'll post back with any results.

Very many thanks to John, G3UCQ for his assistance thus far.

73, Jeff G0WSA

Comment

Was there ever resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue with a mark or space the first few seconds.

Thanks

Dee, N4GD

Comment

Hi Dee,
                    To cut a long story short: No, nothing confirmed as yet. During my attempts to get it working the IC7610 failed. After some negotiations with IcomUK it was eventually repaired under warranty by Icom Japan. The technician in Japan was unable to positively identify the fault (because the main processor had failed) When he learned that I had been trying to control the radio with a PC he suggested that an illegal CI-V command may have been sent to the radio. Let me reinforce that "he THOUGHT' an illegal command may have been sent - but of course couldn't confirm that. Since that time Icom have released an updated USB driver and HRD have released a newer version. I have HRD's reassurance that their code is safe but I have just been too busy to get back in the shack.

At this time I'm convinced that the radio was delivered with an existing issue which coincidentally failed when I was sat in front of the radio adjusting menu settings. As soon as I get the time I'll be back in the shack to get this sorted. When I do, I'll post on here.

73, Jeff G0WSA

Comment

Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your equipment failure. I am updated on all the software but still having the problem. All the other digital modes I have used does not have the issue. I will keep looking.

73 de Dee, N4GD

Comment

Originally posted by N4GD View Post
                        Was there ever resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue with a mark or space the first few seconds.

Thanks

Dee, N4GD
                        Dee, can you be precise about your problem and the steps you have taken to get to the point you want to send fsk?
                        Thanks
                        John
                        PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                        X