X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richf
    started a topic Macros

Macros

I am a new user with HRD but have used other packages.
    I have tried to set up my individual macros by opening up a new set then importing the default to edit then hopefully use. I am able to send the CQ macros but the others are written in the send area but nothing else happens. I have noticed that the CQ macros have a solid blue triangle to the left of them, I dont know if this is significant. I have also noticed that I am unable to send the similar macros from the default list. I am a few days into the months trial with HRD and thought maybe this may be the problem. I have called CQ a couple of times, got a reply then been unable to respond. Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

• richf
    replied
    Originally posted by W3RJW View Post
    OM,

The blue 'triangle' means the macro is set to "send immediately" (that is an option when the Macro is built) .... That means as soon as the Macro is entered in the 'send window', it will be sent (executed) ... If the Macro isn't set to send immediately (i.e. no triangle) then you have to mouse the "send" button in the tool bar or hit "F4" to initiate the 'send' ...

I assume you are using the Macro "Manager" to make your edits ...

If the Macro is set for certain modes (i.e. CW, Psk, RTTY etc) then it will only show in the Macro list when the radio is set to that specific mode ...

Now go back and reread the Macro section in the on-line manual .. perhaps some things will make more sense ...
    Ron

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have used the Macro"Manager" to make my edits. Things are a lot clearer now. Previously with a different package I had quite a time configuring it and guess I went to panic mode. However once again thanks.

Richf GW0HDY

Leave a comment:

• W3RJW
    replied
    OM,

The blue 'triangle' means the macro is set to "send immediately" (that is an option when the Macro is built) .... That means as soon as the Macro is entered in the 'send window', it will be sent (executed) ... If the Macro isn't set to send immediately (i.e. no triangle) then you have to mouse the "send" button in the tool bar or hit "F4" to initiate the 'send' ...

I assume you are using the Macro "Manager" to make your edits ...

If the Macro is set for certain modes (i.e. CW, Psk, RTTY etc) then it will only show in the Macro list when the radio is set to that specific mode ...

Now go back and reread the Macro section in the on-line manual .. perhaps some things will make more sense ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X