hrd to remote hrd rig control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hrd to remote hrd rig control

A fellow ham is trying to allow me to remotely operate his rig as I have a sensor chip embedded in my chest after my last stroke to monitor my heart, and being physically close to the antenna, anywhere from 10 feet to over 50 feet, will overload the sensor and scramble the data that is sent each night to the monitoring station via internet transmission. I have tried as low as 3 watts QRP, and it still interferes with the sensor. We have set up RCFord remote software and I can control his TS590SG, and wanting to do digital modes. Can I use HRD to control his rig remotely with him running HRD controlling his rig at his end? Can HRD be configured to remotely control another running instance of HRD? I checked the past postings and did not see anything covering this.
    John, kd8paf

Guess this can be closed as no one can answer the question. We have tried every idea including vsp, com-0-com, port forwarding, etc with no luck.

Comment

The short answer is yes. HRD has a built in remote server. For this to work HRD must NOT be running at the rig end, just the remote server. But first turn it on in HRD at Tools>Programs>Remote Servers making a note of the port it is using (usually stick with the default). You can then close HRD. The remote server runs as a service, you don't have to start it every time.

At the remote location, open HRD and select/connect remote for the radio entering the network address of the host station and the port in use together with the radio details etc. After connecting you should now have full control of the remote radio. However, you will still need to pass the audio between the 2 ends. I and others use Skype but this does mean having 2 Skype accounts one for each end. You will also need to have an old version of Skype at the rig end because the later versions of Skype do not permit auto answer (unless someone is at the rig to make the connection for you).

Last edited by g3ypp; 04-17-18, 15:52.
      Mike G3YPP
      Icom IC-7600 Firmware V2 - SignaLink USB interface
      Rig interfaced to Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 8Gb RAM
      Office computer for remote access to shack - Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz 2.7GHz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit 8 Gb RAM
      Logbook using MySQL database located on my web servers

Comment

Thank you, Mike G3YPP, we knew it had to be simple, nothing we tried would connect. So we weren't configuring it correctly.

Comment

Still cannot get connected by hrd to remote rig, he is getting error as shown, the config file is present in the hrd folder. And I get a time out error on mine when trying to connect.

Comment

Does anyone know why the error "did not respond in timely fashion", when trying to connect to remote radio , in hrd remote server occurs? And why it also errors out "cannot find hrd remote config file" when starting the remote server, with the config file present in the folder. This error occurs occurs on both our computers and nothing we try will affect the error. We are at wits end trying to resolve the errors.

Comment

Have you tried:
              Technical Support Phone Hours
              9 AM - 6 PM EST, Mon-Friday
              813-434-4650
              Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

Sorry for bothering anyone here, my pockets are not deep at all, please ignore any posts I have submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by kd8paf View Post
                  Sorry for bothering anyone here, my pockets are not deep at all, please ignore any posts I have submitted.
                  I just thought that since you weren't getting any response here that a better option would be to contact support directly.
                  Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

After doing fresh non-problem latest release (843) version installs on both my server and remote PC's, after install and start is pressed on the Remote Server setup, I am seeing the same "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner" messages. This happens for both HRDServer and HRDSerialPortSvr situations. Server in WI is running Win7. Remote here in TN is running Win10.

Most perplexing. I am temporarily going around it by using TeamViewer to grab control of the server PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get my 91 year old Dad AA2F back on the air.
                    73's, Steve KE4LC

Comment

This is a followup to my last post - I notice that, on the remote rig running Win 10, I can start the remote server modules - HRDRemoteSvr and HRD Serial Port Svr just fine. Just FYI, I can easily start and stop both manually in the Task Manager service listing as well. I don't have a local rig to connect to from the server (reversing the process using TeamViewer), so cannot test connection. No error messages. On the Win7 server pc, I am getting the errors listed in my previous post. Wondering if the changes/fixes are only good for Win 10...

Comment

Will be submitting a service job to address problem. Tnx and 73's, KE4LC

Comment

Working...
                        X