No announcement yet.

Logbook unresponsive, freezes up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed some freezing problems since version 794, first HRDRotator crashes after some minutes to two hours.
    After 806 the logbook crashed many times a day, went back to 787 all ist OK for now.

Using HRD with mySQL

Comment

I had the logbook close a few times since I installed 806 - Today I managed to remember what was happening!

Whilst running HRD (CAT FT-840), Logbook, DM780 and Google Chrome and MS Outlook.
      A few seconds after starting DM780 I hovered over a call, no info in the box outline, waterfall stops a couple of seconds, then the Windows close message.

Not much to go with - Logbook restart immediately without issues.

Comment

I too just installed v 806 and tried conducting a qso and logbook apparently locked up after I selected 73 to end qso. When it locked, it also froze dm780. I hate installing new versions. They should not be released until "all" the bugs have been worked out especially this type of problem. Guess I will have to find older install setup and work backwards. I have left a message with HRD.
        I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 8 gb memory. Did not have a problem with the version I was previously running which is April 2017 when I purchased the latest version at Dayton last year.
        Last edited by fox1952; 04-19-18, 21:53.

Comment

Well it was more than 2 weeks before HRD support got back to me. By then I had got a new computer and downloaded the latest version of HRD.
          I think my problems started about 3 HRD updates ago. Anyway, everything is working fine again. Not sure if it was the update or the new computer.
          73 Bill AB9QU

Comment

I had lock up issues also with the April 2018 of HRD version running on Windows 10 64 bit version. Went back to the March 2018 version of HRD and all is well.

No problems running the April 2018 version of HRD with Windows 10 32 bit.
            73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Comment

The fix from HRD support from was to do a complete removal of HRD, including some registry entries, followed by a fresh install. Logbook no longer freezes.

Comment

That's the wrong answer from HRD. I'm paying for a program that works, not for the opportunity to mess with my computers registry. This would be OK from freeware. HRD needs to withdraw the latest update, fix it and reissue, This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                X