Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD Log Book Becomes Un Responsive

Hi
    My HRD log Book becomes un reponsive after adding a new log entry , the window freezez and only when I close the log programme can I add anothe . All editing and up load down load functions are ok ie LOTW Eqsl & Export files function.
    Only when iI restart can I add another entry but the progamme again be comes un reponsive thus ground hog syndrome .
    I have Un installed the latest ver and reinstalled but still issues . Any Ideas please.
    Cheers Robert VK3SX

Have you gotten an answer to this problem? I have done exactly the same including clean re-install--still crashes.Windows 10. Thanks--NS6E--George Clare

Comment

Apologies for your problems but a solution is, hopefully, on the way soon. It has been particularly difficult to track down.
      John
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1K-FA amp,Hex beam, Butternut HF6V and OCFD.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Thank you John. Looking forward to a fix—very frustrating.
        George

Comment

UPDATE: I did a second clean reinstall for 806 release and seems to be running OK. I will not open WSJT-X-JTAlertX, I suspect it has been corrupting HRD Logbook. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi George
            In my experience with the Logbook stop responding etc. it has always involved the ALE in some way. I also use WSJT-X and JTAlert and with JTAlert sending QSOs directly to the HRD Logbook I have NEVER had a problem because the ALE was not involved. Therefore I am surprised if WSJT-X and JTAlert are involved in your problems but anything is possible of course.
            Frustrating is the word but please be assured that everything is being done to crack this. Not everyone has this problem and if only the common factor between those folks that do could be found that would surely simply finding the solution.
            John
            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Thanks very much for the response John. Yesterday I was able to import the ADIF files from WSJT-X with no problems. Today tried to import ADIF file from WSJT-X and HRD Logbook locked up again. This is very strange, works fine one day and locks up the next with no computer changes. Computer demons are bewildering!!! 73 George

Comment

John, "Building cache" goes on and on???

Comment

If I click on either window on HRD Logbook, program freezes up.

Comment

HI George appologies if this is "stupid" question but you import adif from WSJT-X direc and NOT through JTAlert correct? based on your screen shot . yet you mention both in your earlier text

I have non of the reported hang ups on Logbook and use 90% WSJT-X mode so dare I suggest you look into JTALert if you have not done so alreday ? it will log automaticall to HRD either in regaular MS acces Database or MySQL qsl in my case

Hope you get it sorted out soon Take care Jacques

Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.2)
                    Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
                    Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
                    Canon Printer and QL700
                    PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
                    Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.806 - N1MM - MTTY - WSJT-X - 1.8.0 - JTAlert 2..10.17
                    Memberships: REF - ARRL.
                    DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital. - JT65 - RTTY
                    WAS : Digital.

Comment

Hello Jacques—--thank you very much for the response. I have been using HRD, WSJT-X and JTAlertX for many years with flawless performance. When I upgraded to HRD v6.4.0.806 and JTAlertX 2.10.17 problems began. JTAlertX would intermittently become (Not Responding), then recover operating. After a QSO, hit OK in the WSJT-X Click OK to confirm the following QSO: and HRD Logbook locks up (Not Responding). Thought JTAlertX may be causing the problem, deleted the software to try WSJT-X as a stand alone for logging. Same problem—, locks up HRD Logbook. Get this window below:

Have tried everything I can think of,— no success.

Thanks Jacques

Regards, George
                      Transceivers: Yaesu FT-950, Yaesu FT-450
                      Amplifier: Ameritron ALS-600
                      Interface: microHAM USB Interface III
                      Antennas: 40-6 meter Hex Beam, ZeroFive 40-10 meter Ground Plane Vertical

Dell Inspiron, Intel Core 3.20 GHz, 12 GB RAM. 64 bit operating system
                      Windows 10 Home, McAfee LiveSafe
                      Ham Radio Deluxe v6.4.0.806, WSJT-X v1.8.0, JTAlertX 2.10.17
                      Last edited by NS6E; 05-09-18, 17:30.

Comment

Robert, John and Jacques
                        Thank you all for your input. I believe the problem has been solved. It appears I must run all of the programs AS ADMINISTRATOR. So far so good!!!

Transceivers: Yaesu FT-950, Yaesu FT-450
                        Amplifier: Ameritron ALS-600
                        Interface: microHAM USB Interface III
                        Antennas: 20-6 meter Hex Beam, ZeroFive 40-10 meter Ground Plane Vertical

Dell Inspiron, Intel Core 3.20 GHz, 12 GB RAM. 64 bit operating system
                        Windows 10 Home, McAfee LiveSafe
                        Ham Radio Deluxe v6.4.0.806, WSJT-X v1.8.0, JTAlertX 2.10.17

Comment

Interesting as I do not run any of these software as administrator what log type are you using in HRD ?

I am using sql and indeed initially after JTAlert V10 I think ands all previous V6 HRD I had a similar pop up and had to trick JT into the log so to speak ...... and with setting below its was all back as normal . withyout restting any sofware etc.

Just a though but if its now working that is all that matters
                          All the best Jacques

Attached Files
                          Last edited by F1VEV; 05-10-18, 18:17. Reason: SORRY look at photo 1 loaded the wrong one first time round
                          Transcievers: Icom 7300 - USB (v1.2)
                          Accessories : BY-1[Bencher] - KT-1 [Kent straight key]
                          Antenna: Various dipoles

PCIntel i3 3.3GHZ - 16GB Ram - Seagate expansion 1To external backup
                          Canon Printer and QL700
                          PC Software: Win 10 Pro X64 - MS Office. Avast. Meinberg NTP 4.2.8 . MariaDB.
                          Ham Radio Software : HRD ver 6.4.806 - N1MM - MTTY - WSJT-X - 1.8.0 - JTAlert 2..10.17
                          Memberships: REF - ARRL.
                          DXCC : Mixed - CW - Digital. - JT65 - RTTY
                          WAS : Digital.

Comment

Are you finding the latest update, 840, more stable as it is for me?
                            John
                            PC - Windows 10.

Comment

Hi John

Couple of problems I've Noted in version 840.

When opening a previously logged contact for any editing purposes the QTH Field is not populated with the previous logged text and so when saving the edited log the QTH Field has been wiped losing the info it held.

Another majorly frustrating problem is the Filter Feature. I put in a search field and it may work once but after that it shows the number of contacts of the search in the counter bar but a blank window, closing the window then causes the logbook to show a blank window and the whole logbook is locked up at this point requiring the logbook to be restarted. This feature has always been troublesome but since 840 released it's really bad.

Also had Cluster window lock up silently several times, only realising this has happened by the fact the spot times have fallen well behind.

Maybe reiterating old issues here but they seem to have returned worse than ever with this release??

For as long as I can remember I've always had some anomaly to have to work round with HRD, sometimes appears going forwards with new releases is actually pushing us backwards! Having said that, HRD has progressed a long way since version 5 and for my money it's still the best around. I wonder though if I'll live long enough to see the project trouble free...….if that's ever possible!!!

Regards

Jerry G0UII
                              Last edited by g0uii; 05-18-18, 08:10.
                              Jerry, G0UII

ASUS Sabertooth FX990 R2.0
                              ​AMD FX8350 4.0GHz
                              16GB RAM
                              AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB Graphics
                              MS Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, (Latest Version Update)
                              MS Office 365, 32bit, (Latest Version Update)

2 x Yaesu FTDX5000MP's to HRD via 2 x Microham MK II USB Interface's, (Microham Router Software USB Driver / Eltima Virtual Serial Ports)

Yaesu FT-991 to HRD via USB, (Yaesu SCU-17 USB Driver / Silicon Labs Virtual Serial Ports)

HRD Version: 6.4.0.840 (MS Access Database)

Comment

Working...
                              X