Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yaesu ftdx-3000d settings with hrd (alc/swr/meter indicators not working)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaesu ftdx-3000d settings with hrd (alc/swr/meter indicators not working)

Hello,
    I'm using the paid version of HRD, and i'm not getting any readings on the HRD Radio screen for the ALC/SWR/PWR indicators. The S meter works, and the Busy light engages/disengages. Running a Yaesu FTDX 3000 with a USB cable straight from the rig to my laptop.Using the latest version of HRD Rig Control 6.4.0.787. Thanks in advance.

OM,

https://development.ham-radio-deluxe...ew.php?id=1449

Known bug first reported 12/23/2013 !! Mantis Bug Tracker #1449 .... Don't hold your breath ...

Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.840
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v1.9.1, JTAlertX v2.11.3, HRDv6.4.0.843

Comment

Does this also effect the FT-891, as I am having the same issue as well, although I got no responses to my post wondering if the FT-891 suffers the same fate?

Comment

OM,

Looks like it's a Yaesu family curse ....
        Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.840
        Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
        Access Data Base
        FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v1.9.1, JTAlertX v2.11.3, HRDv6.4.0.843

Comment

I use HRD with a Kenwood TS-940, a Yaesu FT-2000, a Yaesu FT-891, and a Flex 1500 and the HRD meters have never worked properly with any of them.

73, Charlie, K0LAF
          Charlie, KØLAF

Comment

I know they say it is a bug, even I once opened a ticket about this issue. That being said, and I have no idea why so don't ask me, the meters are functioning just fine for both the FTDX-3000 and FT-991. Go figure.

Comment

It used to work on my FT991A but then it quit for unknown reasons... maybe it was the previous version that worked. I just know that it doesn't work now ver 6.4.0.787

Comment

The RX signal meter works ok - but does nothing on TX, maybe it is not meant to?
                The ALC/SWR/PWR indicators (if you see my post on this there is a pic of the meters I mean) do nothing at all, I have tried all possible combinations with these meter settings and have never got any indications out of them. I would ideally like to have them running.

I don't believe it is a 'Yaesu' issue, but more a HRD issue, as when I have used TRX Manager all these type of meter readings work fine. Since I have paid for HRD and not TRX I would definitely prefer to have the HRD meters issue sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by VK3MHZ View Post
                  The RX signal meter works ok - but does nothing on TX, maybe it is not meant to?
                  The ALC/SWR/PWR indicators (if you see my post on this there is a pic of the meters I mean) do nothing at all, I have tried all possible combinations with these meter settings and have never got any indications out of them. I would ideally like to have them running.

I don't believe it is a 'Yaesu' issue, but more a HRD issue, as when I have used TRX Manager all these type of meter readings work fine. Since I have paid for HRD and not TRX I would definitely prefer to have the HRD meters issue sorted out.
                  When I said 'Yaesu family curse', I was saying HRD implementation of Yaesu radios ... It is, of course, a HRD issue as shown in the MantisBT link ... and also for other HRD radios as K0LAF reported ... This is nothing new ... 2013 !!

Just to be clear: Most radios from the same manufacturer use the same set of CAT commands ... so if it's screwed up in one, in HRD, it will most likely be screwed up for all ....
                  Last edited by W3RJW; 01-17-18, 14:29.
                  Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.4.0.840
                  Access Data Base

Comment

Originally posted by W3RJW View Post

When I said 'Yaesu family curse', I was saying HRD implementation of Yaesu radios ... It is, of course, a HRD issue as shown in the MantisBT link ...
                    Ok understood, I misread your words, apologies.
                    With all due respect to the HRD development team, five years is a long time between drinks. Considering these functions work and are supported in other CAT control software it gives the impression that HRD development team are just not all that interested in addressing the issue. This is really the only issue I have with the software package.

On a completely different note...
                    The only other issue I am experiencing is one that has popped up recently where my radio will not power on via CAT control.
                    • At night (or whenever) - Turn radio off via CAT when closing HRD, PSU then turned off after that or sometime later (as it runs other radios)
                    • Come back the next morning or whenever - turn the PSU on, start HRD and the radio will not power up
                    • Only solution is to remove the USB CAT cable, turn PSU off/on, then power radio manually and start HRD
                    • Once you do this all is fine again.
                    At this point I am suspecting it is a firmware issue in the radio, as I never experienced this problem prior to updating the firmware in the radio to the current firmware release. I am including this more for info purposes in case there are others out there experiencing the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X