• Show
Clear All

• K7RFW
    replied
    Fixed in 6_4_0_787

Leave a comment:

• K7RFW
    replied
    Still not sure if SRX and STX should be filled in this case since the numeric is part of a string, but it does make parsing pure numeric inputs easier since it appears all the exchange inputs go into the string for the database and the leading numeric is parsed out for ADIF exports. Based on what I have done in my past database manipulations (and I do not know what the intent of the ADIF rules are), parsing the leading numeric to STX/SRX and leaving the sting alone should work.

Thanks Mike.

Ray
    K7RFW

Leave a comment:

• wa9pie
    replied
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention (again).

The confusion is likely because of this:

There is one field that contains the data for SRX and SRX_STRING. There's another field that contains the data for STX and STX_STRING.

I think that - because those fields needed to be parsed to produce SRX and STX (respectively), that a previous developer thought that the remainder of that parsing became the content for SRX_STRING and STX_STRING respectively (or that somehow it was dependent upon whether or not those fields began with a number or something... I don't know... I'm not a developer).

But the entire contents of those fields go into SRX_STRING and STX_STRING (respectively). But if someone wants to look at the Mantis record I created to describe this... let me know if I got it wrong. The ADIF standard isn't very clear about this.

https://development.ham-radio-deluxe...ew.php?id=2231

Mike, WA9PIE

Leave a comment:

• K7RFW
    replied
    FYI

It has been confirmed that the trouble you have reported is a bug in our software. It is entered in our bug tracking system and has been assigned the tracking # 0002231

Thanks folks! Looking forward to the update.

Ray
    K7RFW

Leave a comment:

• wa9pie
    replied
    Re-reading a few things... but a contest exchange of "1E UT"...

Currently exports as: <stx:1>1 <stx_string:5>E UT

But it should export as: <stx:1>1 <stx_string:5>1E UT

In other words...

stx is fine

stx_string is what's broken... true?

Mike, WA9PIE

Leave a comment:

• wa9pie
    replied
    Ray... send me a PM on this one. I'd like to get your help to fully define this one.

Mike, WA9PIE

Leave a comment:

• K7RFW
    replied
    Think I found where to post it in the support section of the HRD website
    Last edited by K7RFW; 08-28-17, 17:03. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• ADIF (.adi version) is broken again for exchanges starting with a numeral

When I got my new radio I tested out 6.4.0.636 on 09 March 2017 and saw that if I had an exchange of "1E UT" I would see in ADIF <stx:1>1 <stx_string:5>1E UT. YEAH! I thought, problem fixed and stx_string and srx_string are correct, time to post an improved rating.

Fast forward to ARRL Field Day 2017 and 6.4.0.647. I now see <stx:1>1 <stx_string:5>E UT. WHAT!?!?!?!?!? stx_string was fixed and now it is not? I just installed 6.4.0.780 and the ADIF converter is STILL broken.

What do I need to do to raise a flag to the programmers that they re-broke something they had fixed?

To me this is very important since I use another database for contests to get a better feel for duplicates (that does not work all the time either) and now since 6.X broke the ability to merge databases (when I last complained I was told that only fools will use and merge multiple logbook databases, just use one database), I have to use ADIF to copy my contest log to the main log. As I was taught in database programming in the 70's, 1E UT is a STRING, not a digit of 1 and a string of E UT.

Ray
    K7RFW
Working...
X